PDA

View Full Version : anyone buy their feeder mice online?

anyone buy their feeder mice online?

wildernessey
01-23-2004, 10:45 AM
The pet store I got my snake from is CHRONICALLY out of feeder mice.
I'm moving up to fuzzies and I've seen some decent prices on-line.

If you order your frozen feed on-line are there any stores you recommend for quality and service?

Alicia
01-23-2004, 10:52 AM
Very good product and service. Mice are clean and vacuum sealed.

www.bigcheeserodents.com

Skye
01-23-2004, 11:18 AM
I second Alicia,

very good company and reliable

Skye

Darin Chappell
01-23-2004, 11:22 AM
I'll make it a third.

There are others who will recommend other suppliers of frozen mice for various reasons, and I am certain they are all valid. However, I have tried several, and none of them approaches Big Cheese Rodent Factory's customer service, attention to detail, or product quality.

Big Cheese for me all the way!

:crazy02:

CAV
01-23-2004, 12:10 PM
Big Cheese and Cajun Mice are both very good sources for feeders.

wildernessey
01-23-2004, 02:23 PM
Thanks guys (and ladies)!

I've seen both Cajun and Big Cheese....does either offer smaller sized fuzzies. Cajun in particular which had pictures, appears that their fuzzies are on the medium to large size. I don't want to order 100 of these buggers and then have to leave them in my freezer for longer than necessary. Not like my corn will eat them all in less than a few months anyways.....100 will probably be close to a year supply!!!!
I guess I could just call one of these suppliers and ask myself, huh?! LOL!

Well, thanks for the recommendations. I will probably be placing an order this weekend!

CAV
01-23-2004, 02:43 PM
I'd just mention what you are looking for. Many offer a large pinky/small fuzzy size that is a kind of "in between" size. However, keep in mind that you snake will not take long to move up to larger prey items. You might try to find a local herp society and see if anyone wants to split an order of 100.

wildernessey
01-23-2004, 03:44 PM
YEA! I just placed my first order with Big Cheese!
They came in quantities of 50 which is good....I figure if my poor snake exceeds that size, I can always give them as midnight snacks to my kitties! :D

They will arrive next Wednesday! I'll let you guys know what I think, and how my snake likes fuzzies! I hope she'll love them!

Thank you everyone! I really appreciate all the input!

cecanady
01-26-2004, 04:54 PM
I just drove out to Big Cheese today (I was bored) and the bag of 50 fuzzies that I got from them had a range of sizes. It was perfect, and they all looked great. I think you guys have to keep in mind that even if you have to throw some of the mice away, you are still spending a lot less online than at a pet shop.