PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Hognose

WTB: Hognose

Porro
05-06-2010, 05:11 PM
I will be starting my new job here next week and therefore I will have a little extra $$ sitting around......

That being said, I have always wanted a hoggie so I will be purchasing one here in the next couple of weeks. What I am trying to do is find out around how much I will have to pay for one. I am not interested in breeding so hets will not really be of interest to me, although I would love to see what different types are available besides the "normals".

I would like to get a baby one (that is already eating F/T pinks) but the exact age isn't too important to me.

I wanted to post here first so that if there is anyone in my CS.com family they have the first chance of selling me my first hoggie. So if you have any baby hoggies for sale, holler at me!

Lolo
05-06-2010, 11:42 PM
I don't have any for sale, but wanted to say that I paid $75 (plus shipping) for my normal female hognose... best $75 I ever spent! :D

Porro
05-07-2010, 10:27 AM
I don't have any for sale, but wanted to say that I paid $75 (plus shipping) for my normal female hognose... best $75 I ever spent! :D

Thanks! And yea, from doing a little bit more research I'm guestimating that I will be spending between $70-$100 on a normal hognose if that's what I decide to get.

Porro
05-07-2010, 09:35 PM
So far only got one response.....noone has a hoggie they want to sell me??

raynefyre
05-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Check on fauna classifieds??

raynefyre
05-08-2010, 10:36 PM
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158690

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177021

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175979

Porro
05-09-2010, 12:21 AM
^^Thanks for the help! I had no idea about fauna.......

Lolo
05-09-2010, 02:13 AM
Fauna is where I found my little girl... :)

wstphal
05-09-2010, 03:11 AM
DeadMouse (username here) breeds them. Dunno what might be for sale now but strongly suspect there will be hognoses available!

goldelx6
07-21-2010, 06:14 PM
I want one as well, Porro, did you ever end up getting one? and if so, where from and pics?

ceduke
07-25-2010, 08:16 PM
I paid about $90 for my normal female, and I LOVE her. She has so much personality, and she's just....fun!

Porro
07-25-2010, 10:40 PM
I want one as well, Porro, did you ever end up getting one? and if so, where from and pics?

I have yet to get one. Looks like my timing of wanting a baby hoggie and breeding season were slightly off. Not sure if I will hold out till next breeding season so I can get a baby or get an adult from someone instead....

tress29
08-19-2010, 10:15 PM
I paid about $90 for my normal female, and I LOVE her. She has so much personality, and she's just....fun!

My question is what do you like about her, that's better than a corn? Worse or harder to deal with?

Thanks,

Theresa in Indy

ceduke
08-20-2010, 01:07 PM
My question is what do you like about her, that's better than a corn? Worse or harder to deal with?

Thanks,

Theresa in Indy

She's active active active during the day! Both of my hoggies are out and about pretty much nonstop. They try to burrow into any soft surface they're put on, especially hands. They're SASSY in their tubs, flattening their heads and lunging at me (Not nearly fast enough to call it striking!) but completely mellow once they're out.

I can't think of anything that's harder to deal with than my corn, except perhaps my female's tendency to try and eat herself. I keep an eye on her while she eats because several times in the past she has gotten a mouthful of herself and tried to swallow it.

tress29
08-20-2010, 01:35 PM
[QUOTE=ceduke;1181971]Both of my hoggies are out and about pretty much nonstop. QUOTE]

See, I have boys at home, so they'll want to see some action. Hermit crabs were a total fail on that point! We have a leopard gecko and a parakeet, that get out of cage time almost every day. (Don't know how much the leo appreciates that though.)

Are both of your hogs females? How big are they? I like the smaller size of the males, I'm a bit intimidated by the 4ft length of a corn!

Theresa in Indy

ceduke
08-20-2010, 06:56 PM
See, I have boys at home, so they'll want to see some action. Hermit crabs were a total fail on that point! We have a leopard gecko and a parakeet, that get out of cage time almost every day. (Don't know how much the leo appreciates that though.)

Are both of your hogs females? How big are they? I like the smaller size of the males, I'm a bit intimidated by the 4ft length of a corn!

Theresa in Indy

I have a male and a female. My male, though, is enormous for a male hognose. Until I saw his tail, I was convinced he was a female.