• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Moderator needed - apply within, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After serious consideration, and thinking about the REAL implications, duties and responsibilities of being a moderator, I will need to retract my name in the "election".

I can honestly say I do not have the same amount of time or dedication than the other nominees, and I feel they could do a much better job than me. I am more than happy with every nominee put forward, particularly Nanci, Janine and Eric.

I believe being a moderator requires serious effort and a lot of time consuming work. After weighing this consideration up with my stupidly hectic daily life, I don't think I could contribute as much as I would like to. Heck, I can barley spend more than 30 mins a day, and to be a mod, I feel I would need at least 3 times that amount of dedicated time to moderate, never mind enjoy this site for what it is.

Also, I am the kind of individual who may react too quickly to certain situations if they really push my buttons, instead of looking at the situation from every perspective. And if this is the case I could end up making poor decisions which may be bias and unfair. It's a possibility, that I feel is too real to not consider.

So with that being said, I am going to step back. I do not wish to run as a moderator, but I wish the best of luck to everyone who is going to run, and I know it will be extremely difficult to vote when the time comes.

Okay my vote is definitely with Nanci if she does reconsider..(which I really hope she does!!) But in the case that she does not want to go through with the nomination, I would then second vote for Robbie :)

After serious consideration, and thinking about the REAL implications, duties and responsibilities of being a moderator, I will need to retract my name in the "election".

I can honestly say I do not have the same amount of time or dedication than the other nominees, and I feel they could do a much better job than me. I am more than happy with every nominee put forward, particularly Nanci, Janine and Eric.

I believe being a moderator requires serious effort and a lot of time consuming work. After weighing this consideration up with my stupidly hectic daily life, I don't think I could contribute as much as I would like to. Heck, I can barley spend more than 30 mins a day, and to be a mod, I feel I would need at least 3 times that amount of dedicated time to moderate, never mind enjoy this site for what it is.

Also, I am the kind of individual who may react too quickly to certain situations if they really push my buttons, instead of looking at the situation from every perspective. And if this is the case I could end up making poor decisions which may be bias and unfair. It's a possibility, that I feel is too real to not consider.

So with that being said, I am going to step back. I do not wish to run as a moderator, but I wish the best of luck to everyone who is going to run, and I know it will be extremely difficult to vote when the time comes.

Sorry to hear that Elle, It almost sounds as if your stepping down as the governor of Alaska...:sidestep:

I officially hereby nominate Brent, Drizzt80.

I'm also going to second the nomination for Brent (Drizzt80). He has done and been doing a lot for this site. Things like the WIR and CS.com Breeder list. He is another person who should definitely be considered!

I'll accept the nomination, but believe it or not I'm a bit more humble and am not going to really sell myself other than to say that as a teacher, I'm a rule follower/enforcer. If the rule is there, I follow/enforce it.

Whether or not I can win a popularity contest. :shrugs:

D80

I think you'd make a fine mod, Brent! Popularity aside, I think any of the nominated members would continue to be a great asset to the site, regardless of their status.

Well I for one wouldn't try and push your buttons, if you made mod.... I'm not completely stupid/
But time is the issue with being mod... So I can understand that aspect... .

I'll accept the nomination, but believe it or not I'm a bit more humble and am not going to really sell myself other than to say that as a teacher, I'm a rule follower/enforcer. If the rule is there, I follow/enforce it.

Whether or not I can win a popularity contest. :shrugs:

D80
I can see you making a good mod as well Brent.......

I think you'd make a fine mod, Brent! Popularity aside, I think any of the nominated members would continue to be a great asset to the site, regardless of their status.
There's lots of people here who would make a great mod IMO., and all for different reasons.....

Reference to Dallas, the TV show, David. The death of a major character didn't go over so well, so after a whole season they just made it go away by making it all a dream.

While you're here, Rich, I should mention that I nominated you in a thread in the mod forum. I guess I should make it official here too. I think you'd do a great job.

WHOA, Deano! :eek: This is completely unexpected and I am very honored.

Before I give my answer, I will take some time to give it my full consideration.

Rich, I agree that you'd be awesome! I've yet to see you post a cross word to anyone here, AND, you were my mentor in the WIR. Yours were always really great, and the one reason you and I ever started talking here. You're polite, helpful, fair and have a gentle spirit. You're the male version of Nanci, actually. You really should toss your hat in the ring. :)

Has nobody voted for bitsy? I searched the thread but got no results. Nanci and bitsy would be my top two.. So if Nanci has stepped down, my vote goes to bitsy, if it is wanted!

Well I for one wouldn't try and push your buttons, if you made mod.... I'm not completely stupid/
But time is the issue with being mod... So I can understand that aspect... .

You can push my buttons anytime Mike, I like a good heated and entirely erratic argument from time to time....

But yeah, time is a huge factor. I'm not here everyday, and when I am I rarely reply to threads, because people like Nanci, Robbie and J9 have already answered questions/given advise/helped a brother out.... They are far more deserving of the post IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back