• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I'm stuck with what kind of morph my corn snake is...

Elton20

I don't know what kind of corn snake mine was. My choices are an orange butter motley, orange amelanistic hurricane, and an orange amelanistic motley. I will post an image or 2 of him. When I bought him...at PetSmart, which was kinda a bad choice I soon discovered, they put him in the "Normal" morph, but most normals are not orange with spots on their backs. They are usually brown. So please help me.
picture.php
picture.php

Amel Motley.
Always possible that it could be a Creamsicle Motley but, without knowing its genetic background, it is safe to just say Amel Motley.;)

I would have to see a picture from the top to confirm hurricane. Hurricane just refers to the spots on a motley and how far down the snake they go. It is not really a morph other than motley. But rather a selectively bred animal.

I would have to see a picture from the top to confirm hurricane. Hurricane just refers to the spots on a motley and how far down the snake they go. It is not really a morph other than motley. But rather a selectively bred animal.

Not exactly. A hurricane motley is a motley where the center "spots" have a darker ring of color directly around them, like the eye of a hurricane when viewed from a satellite, instead of a more consistent coloration. Don Soderberg of South Mountain Reptiles had created an image that perfectly describes what is and is not a hurricane motley. The "spots" do not technically have to go all the way down (although the ideal hurricane motley would have that, but those aren't easy to find).

______hurricane111.jpg

The OP has a lovely amel motley, but I wouldn't call it a hurricane motley.

4riscorn: Those are hurricane like spots yes. They would have to go down 75% of the length of the snake to be classified as hurricane though.

picture.php

This is a picture of my anery hurricane. As an example.

Susan: I didn't go into detail about the spots. Thanks for putting the details in. I was just being lazy. :)

Noob question: why are the snakes in this thread referred to as amel motley as opposed to sunglow motley?

Yeah it's definitely Amel motley, which is a sunglow basically right? My female is a bit darker red/orange with vibrant yellow and now white anywhere except her belly, so she is a sunglow motley.

Not all Amel Motleys are Sunglows. Yes, a Sunglow is an Amel Motley but they are bred for no white, in the pattern, and are more brightly colored than the average Amel Motley.

Smallet...the more our Eve grows, the more the motley spots "grow" into hurricane spots. So she is about 70% now. She has maybe 5 spots that aren't hurricane yet. With this last shed, 2 more emerged....funny how she started with just a couple at the tail and as she grows, so do the spots!

Mine has no white on it and it looks like reptile65's a lot also the second picture of Susan as a yes. I'll post more pictures from the top to show more detail

Ive got a male just to let u guys know but he is definetly not a sunglow because he is not that dark. looking more like a hurricane because he is really light except when ready for sheddding then he is like super light but otherwise very light color with peach colored spots down the spine of the snake.

Back