• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

salmon snow male $250

I believe I have what you are looking for but... Please define in terms of genetics what you are expecting. For example: Anery Amel Strawberry or Anery Amel Hypo or Anery Amel Strawberry and RedCoat/Red Factor(maybe, I say this because it hasn't been proven yet) or a very pink snow.

Terri

PS-Dave P. bought JMG's collection. He and SW Reptile, who originated the name, are the two people the use that nomenclature exclusively to describe their line. Dave P. would be a good place to search for good color stock.

I believe I have what you are looking for but... Please define in terms of genetics what you are expecting. For example: Anery Amel Strawberry or Anery Amel Hypo or Anery Amel Strawberry and RedCoat/Red Factor(maybe, I say this because it hasn't been proven yet) or a very pink snow.

Terri

PS-Dave P. bought JMG's collection. He and SW Reptile, who originated the name, are the two people the use that nomenclature exclusively to describe their line. Dave P. would be a good place to search for good color stock.

Yeah I know Dave.i bought my female from jmg unfortunately I didn't get a stock number for her so I'm trying not to buy another from that particular line to reduce inbreeding. I define salmon snow as anery, amel, and strawberry. As far as red coat goes I do not put much stock in the idea of that gene. Thanks for your reply. What do you have for sale?

I have three males that fit the bill. The oldest being a 4 year old proven male and the youngest being a yearling. I'll take pics tomorrow if you are interested. I will also have plenty of hatchlings to choose from as well.

Terri

I got all my Strawberry Aneries and Strawberry Snows from Terri and they are beautiful!!! :)

thanks so much guys cant wait to see some pics looking for a yearling male. here is my female.
019.jpg

012-2.jpg

she is very very dark i love her so much i feel compelled to preserve her beauty

here is my male coral snow originally i believed them. but that was before i understood what a salmon was .here is my male coral snow this pics a little old and he has gotten pinker but he just has this real peach look to him.. quick genetic question if this gene is co-dominate then will i get a third morph from crossing the two?

quick genetic question if this gene is co-dominate then will i get a third morph from crossing the two?

Not sure what gene you are talking about. The different lines of "coral" and/or "salmon" snows are being picked apart genetically to determine what makes them "coral" or "salmon", and it is pretty much a pain in the @ss. We are finding out it can be strawberry, it can be various different "red factors", linebreeding, combinations of these. Breed different lines like the OP wants to do hoping to get a clutch of "stunners" apparently can lead to heartbreak...Susan Willis crossed my Tequila Sunrise line snow to her JMG line coral ghost

attachment.php

attachment.php

could end up with a small clutch of blah, no pink whatsoever aneries...Photo's courtesy of Susan Willis, Willis Wildlife Enterprises :*)

quick genetic question if this gene is co-dominate then will i get a third morph from crossing the two?

Been thinking about this more, and I think I know what you mean. It goes along with something a friend was talking about. Maybe strawberry is just hypo A with some form of codominant "red factor" hitching a ride? Just a thought...

I have one or 2 male salmon snows which hatched in January of this year, presently taking fuzzys. I'll get some pics here in a little bit. They'll be het for coral ghost (not feeling like spelling all that out). Was going to list them later anyways, at $200. Will have a couple dozen salmon snows of wild-type pattern and stripe and vanishing stripe and assorted variants in-between later this year also with hets all over the place.

...It goes along with something a friend was talking about. Maybe strawberry is just hypo A with some form of codominant "red factor" hitching a ride? Just a thought...

I know that the Strawberry Snows and Anerys I have from Chuck and Connie are sans the Hypo gene. And they are that lovely rich pink. Therefore I believe Strawberry is a stand alone Hypo gene. But with that in mind, I am testing (teasing apart) the "Salmon"/"Red Factor/Red Coat" corns this year and most probably next as well. It is my hypothesis that the Salmon and Coral Ghost lines are not just Anery and Amel with a Strawberry brightener. I think that along with selective breeding we are seeing the addition of an epistatic genetic factor like Red Coat/Red Factor. Here is were I see the hitch hiker you talk about. It is a long slow laborious process with lots of "waste" products but it's why I'm into corn snake breeding.
I agree that outsourcing is counter indicated in a line bred morph. So much effort has been put into getting a given look that the addition of "new" genetics has an adverse effect on the visual outcome.
If you want Salmon Snow offspring you should buy Salmon Snow stock. No one would breed a Champion German Shepherd with a Puppy mill mutt and expect Rin Tin Tin, right? lol

Terri

Terri do you remember if Chuck and Connie's are from Jim Stepflug? Marcia aka "Poppycorns" has reported finding four (or more) different "red factors" from the various "pink" lines, per Don S. They do not "play nice" together either apparently :shrugs:...

I know that the Strawberry Snows and Anerys I have from Chuck and Connie are sans the Hypo gene. And they are that lovely rich pink. Therefore I believe Strawberry is a stand alone Hypo gene. But with that in mind, I am testing (teasing apart) the "Salmon"/"Red Factor/Red Coat" corns this year and most probably next as well. It is my hypothesis that the Salmon and Coral Ghost lines are not just Anery and Amel with a Strawberry brightener. I think that along with selective breeding we are seeing the addition of an epistatic genetic factor like Red Coat/Red Factor. Here is were I see the hitch hiker you talk about. It is a long slow laborious process with lots of "waste" products but it's why I'm into corn snake breeding.
I agree that outsourcing is counter indicated in a line bred morph. So much effort has been put into getting a given look that the addition of "new" genetics has an adverse effect on the visual outcome.
If you want Salmon Snow offspring you should buy Salmon Snow stock. No one would breed a Champion German Shepherd with a Puppy mill mutt and expect Rin Tin Tin, right? lol

Terri

well i agree with what your saying but as far as out sourcing is concerned are new genes not needed from outside pools on occasion to keep down effects of birth defects? got any pics of your corns for sale?

another odd question if you bred (salmon snow x bubble gum snow) and then inbred the offspring snow het strawberry would the visual Hues be impacted? could other genes seen at play in bubble gum be affecting hues?

Terri do you remember if Chuck and Connie's are from Jim Stepflug? Marcia aka "Poppycorns" has reported finding four (or more) different "red factors" from the various "pink" lines, per Don S. They do not "play nice" together either apparently :shrugs:...

The question isn't are they from SW Reptile a.k.a. Jim, but where did he get his stock and where did Poppy get hers. The answer would be that they are fruit of the same tree, South Mountain Reptile a.k.a. Don S.. The same can be said for the animals coming out of the JMG line; Don to Jim to Jeff to Dave.
With this in mind, are you really all that worried about in-breeding? lol As much as I hate to think about it, the breeding stock that is presently circulating is probably very inbred.
As to the OP's question and Bubblegums, you should chat with Stephen Wagner and I believe, Carol. That's is were the first Neon animals were observed. And Neon/Red Coat/Red Factor should they prove out are possibly the reason we have the lovely Salmon you are trying to acquire. Only time a testing will prove this out.

Terri

Carol did a test breeding of her "bubblegum" to Steve Wagner's "neon" and the resulting offspring that spent quite a bit of time with me, Gummy Bear, was a _very_ nice pink.

(I hate reading this thread; it makes me wish I had room for just one more project!!) (In stripe!!)

(I hate reading this thread; it makes me wish I had room for just one more project!!) (In stripe!!)

No ya don't, it really is a pain...

Terry i thought Dons line was from Jim, not the other way around. I think I remember Chuck saying he (Jim) was either totally ignorant of the background of his line or real good at playing ignorant :rofl:

Salmon Snow Male #1

5 pictures, some with flash, some without. Hatched December 2011. 3X5 inch index card. Cropped and resized. NO other alterations to images. Feeding on f/t Fuzzy one every 6-7 days

Attachments

• SSMale61812 019.jpg
    SSMale61812 019.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Back