• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Proposal regarding hybrids / pure corns

After how many generations of "pure" breeding would say a snake is pure corn?

• After 2 generations

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • After 20 generations

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well maybe the king species does not spread its genes very well and far. Does that mean in general genes do not travel to non overlapping areas through breeding to snakes in overlapping areas? And why do you think that if we don't have a picture of it, it does not happen? Evolution is all about genes and we do not see everything that happens in nature. Of course we can assume and think logically, but that's still not the same as a proof. That does not mean I never assuem stuff. I do assume for example that an egg laying snake cannot reproduce with a life birthing snake because their reproductive system works differently. But is it proven scientifically that they cannot already? Dunno...

I do not hate or love hybrids more or less than any pure species, so I surely am nor in the hate nor in the love group either.

I do not hate or love hybrids more or less than any pure species, so I surely am nor in the hate nor in the love group either.

Same here, I like both groups of snakes/many other animals. Both have their place to me, maybe not in the wild. But we are human, and as humans have a tendency to breed the wild out of animals, effectively making them rely on us for food and other necessities. Luckily many of those animals can learn to survive in the wild if need be.

Indeed, I just don't see the fuzz about the whole hybid label. If everybody provides what they know about their snakes to buyers we do not have to discuss what's a hybrid anymore and who's bad for not labeling them according to which standards. Mostly, respect each others opinions, even if they interfere with your own. Buy snakes from breeders which you trust and everybody can breed, buy and sell in peace. As long as no animal gets hurt or disabled or extremely needy in care whilst they normally don't, don't judge what other people try / would want to breed their snakes to.

I want to breed a bloodred corn to a mexican black king. Then I want to breed their progeny to a bumble bee BP. I hope to have black and bloodred super bees. I don't know genetics but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Wish me luck. :D

I'd wish you luck, my friend, but with a cross like that I think your going to have to find a very nice queen bee. Perhaps dress the corn x mex king as a drone and keep them with you at the Holiday Inn.:cheers:

Indeed, I just don't see the fuzz about the whole hybid label. If everybody provides what they know about their snakes to buyers we do not have to discuss what's a hybrid anymore and who's bad for not labeling them according to which standards. Mostly, respect each others opinions, even if they interfere with your own. Buy snakes from breeders which you trust and everybody can breed, buy and sell in peace. As long as no animal gets hurt or disabled or extremely needy in care whilst they normally don't, don't judge what other people try / would want to breed their snakes to.

Very well said. All that really needs to happen is to label ones snakes parents and let people decide if they want it or not. At the very least, if you make a (milk x ratsnake) x (rat x king) let others know the history that you are selling them to as many are interested and one should expect no less from someone selling a "pure" corn as well as many would be interested in knowing all the possible hets and known hets that may accompany their baby.

Very well said. All that really needs to happen is to label ones snakes parents and let people decide if they want it or not. At the very least, if you make a (milk x ratsnake) x (rat x king) let others know the history that you are selling them to as many are interested and one should expect no less from someone selling a "pure" corn as well as many would be interested in knowing all the possible hets and known hets that may accompany their baby.

In other words, the current practice, except by less-than-ethical breeders, who don't give a crap anyway.

LOL you know how you can mock yourself for sure :p Are you American or are you a hybrid yourself carrying some Dutch genes?

I believe I'm ((American? x English) x (Dutch x Spanish)) x ((Homo habilis x Homo erectus) x (Homo neanderthalensis x Homo sapiens neanderthalensis)) x (Homo sapien). Don't quote me on the exact order though as I'm pretty positive some time travel was invented to accomplish some of this. Of course, the question when was time travel invented doesn't really matter as the moment it was created the combination became possible or so I'm told by my families historians.

I believe I'm ((American? x English) x (Dutch x Spanish)) x ((Homo habilis x Homo erectus) x (Homo neanderthalensis x Homo sapiens neanderthalensis)) x (Homo sapien). Don't quote me on the exact order though as I'm pretty positive some time travel was invented to accomplish some of this. Of course, the question when was time travel invented doesn't really matter as the moment it was created the combination became possible or so I'm told by my families historians.

I'm sure if time traveling existeer you would use it to make the weirdest hybride possible :p On the other hand.... Snakes have been quite the Same for a while now I think...

Pretty good...

But you forgot the Sumarians & and The Anunnaki

My Family Tree is from Walmart.
This thread is degrading quickly.
Quick, someone please get it back on track.
I don't wanna have to go a'huntin' for links to dead threads again.
Thanks for sharing-

I'll Do my Best Dave.....

Pure Corn? Or Hybrid?

Attachments

• a2.JPG
    a2.JPG
    225.7 KB · Views: 25
  • a3.JPG
    a3.JPG
    244.1 KB · Views: 25
Back