• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Keeled's Scales 2014 Hatchling Thread

Mitch, may I ask who started your sunkissed peppermint motley project? The reason I ask is because I've been working with that project (with the addition of caramel) for 2 years now and the results are always "off" looking. The variety is insane, and even the basic morphs make you second guess yourself. I tried to hang onto as many of the hatchlings as possible since I wasn't sure what hatched out this year. It's a fun project to work with.

What an awesome bunch of babies, great season you are having Mitch!
I am curious- does the cinder motley have a completely clear belly? (Not doubting it's a cinder mot, just have noticed that several breeders have gotten a few belly markings on those including me)

Congrats on more awesome hatchlings!!

Thanks Steve! I have so many I'm waiting on to shed.

Mitch, may I ask who started your sunkissed peppermint motley project? The reason I ask is because I've been working with that project (with the addition of caramel) for 2 years now and the results are always "off" looking. The variety is insane, and even the basic morphs make you second guess yourself. I tried to hang onto as many of the hatchlings as possible since I wasn't sure what hatched out this year. It's a fun project to work with.

My stock came from Chuck and Connie, via Carol at Low Belly. I'd wager your animals probably came from them too. Have you hatched out an amel sunkissed motley that looks like the one I originally thought was a sunkissed peppermint motley? I'm hanging on to all the double morph hatchlings too, as I'm hoping at least one will be het for the other two genes as well.

What an awesome bunch of babies, great season you are having Mitch!
I am curious- does the cinder motley have a completely clear belly? (Not doubting it's a cinder mot, just have noticed that several breeders have gotten a few belly markings on those including me)

Thanks Jen. Yeah, the cinder motley's belly is totally void of all checkers. He's a spunky thing too!

My stock came from Chuck and Connie, via Carol at Low Belly. I'd wager your animals probably came from them too. Have you hatched out an amel sunkissed motley that looks like the one I originally thought was a sunkissed peppermint motley? I'm hanging on to all the double morph hatchlings too, as I'm hoping at least one will be het for the other two genes as well.

My stock also is from Chuck and Connie. My trio also proved through to be het Caramel (they were originally listed as only 50% poss. het). Here's what I have hatched out so far...

Sunkissed Peppermint Motley ?
Honey Motley ?
Caramel Cinder Motley ?

I kept all of those. I can't remember if there was anything else out of the ordinary - maybe a Caramel Cinder? - but I didn't keep anything else. Only one of my adult females bred last year.

Peppermint motley
Cinder Motley
Amel Sunkissed or Sunkissed Peppermint?
Honey or Honey Cinder?
Honey Motley ?
Sunkissed Motley ?
Sunkissed Cinder Motley (Not sure if this is what they'll look like?
Honey Cinder Motley (looked exactly the same as the one immediately above, but with Caramel. Unfortunately this one didn't make it.)

Can you post pics of your double-trait morphs, especially anything with Sunkissed in the mix?

I had a lot of catch up to do as I've been offline for awhile and WOW was I ever missing out on seeing these beauties!!
Congrats on all the amazing babies Mitch!

My stock also is from Chuck and Connie. My trio also proved through to be het Caramel (they were originally listed as only 50% poss. het).

I think you just solved the weirdness associated with the mystery snake I just posted. I'm pretty much positive now that I did in fact hit a 1/256, just not the one I originally thought. I think this guy is actually a saffron motley! The caramel gene in the mix would explain the yellow background color and the orange, not red, saddle color.

SunkissedPeppermintMotley_zpsbd594976.jpg

I thought one of the "classics" from this pairing looked like a caramel. What do you think? Think the guy above looks dead-on to be a saffron motley?

As for taking photos of all the two-gene snakes, I will. I've already posted a photo of a shatter that came from this group of snakes. When this clutch sheds I'll be sure to post all the pics.

Thanks for the info!

I had a lot of catch up to do as I've been offline for awhile and WOW was I ever missing out on seeing these beauties!!
Congrats on all the amazing babies Mitch!

Thank you! It's been a lot of fun over here, but I'm now drowning in hatchlings.

Oh, well, that's cool. 1/256 is cool enough... but one you didn't even know yu had a chance at? Fun!

I think you just solved the weirdness associated with the mystery snake I just posted. I'm pretty much positive now that I did in fact hit a 1/256, just not the one I originally thought. I think this guy is actually a saffron motley! The caramel gene in the mix would explain the yellow background color and the orange, not red, saddle color.

I thought one of the "classics" from this pairing looked like a caramel. What do you think? Think the guy above looks dead-on to be a saffron motley?

Yep, I'm thinking a Saffron Motley. Congrats on the 1/256! I couldn't believe I got the 1/256 last year with the Sunkissed Peppermint Motley! I am really liking working with this project!

These snakes are insane-looking! How do you handle all of them until they sell?

Sorry for the loooooong layoff, but I've been busy. How do I handle them all? Well, it's really hard! Haha. Just a ton more work than normal.

I must have scrolled past it, but where's the normal?

Nope, you didn't miss it...I haven't posted him yet. However, I'll be posting it soon. Btw, it is a caramel that I'll be posting too, as I didn't get a normal classic from this clutch. Not bad!

I am really liking working with this project!

I am too!

The LAST of pipling pics!

Here's a clutch from a pairing I did to test the sire for several possible hets. It was a Plasma ph amel anery charcoal hypo X Strawberry het amel anery motley. From this pairing, with enough eggs, I should be able to prove out 3 of the 4 possible het genes.

Woohoo! My plasma is officially het anery and hypo. A pile of snakes including hypo strawberries and hypo strawberry anerys.
PlasmaStrawberryClutch_zps85261a92.jpg

I was super fortunate to pick up an adult lava sunkissed female in the off-season. She had perfect fertility last year, so everything looked golden. I paired her to my lava cinder in the hopes of getting F1 lavas het cinder sunkissed. Weeeeeell, of course, out of a large clutch only one egg was fertile! I blame it on the move from one house to another. No biggie, there's always next year.

Lava het cinder sunkissed (female; at least she'll have an extra year of growth now.)
LavaHetSKCinder_zps0e58d5b5.jpg

I paired my topaz het anery X classic het amel anery caramel lava stripe. My goal...to see if I can tell the difference between an ice and an anery topaz!
TopazClutch1_zps3989f02f.jpg

TopazClutch2_zps5764dd77.jpg

Offspring from my classic het amel cinder caramel motley sunkissed X Same

A fiesty cinder motley.
CinderMotley_zpsc83bebce.jpg

I knew this looked funky when it hatched. At first I thought "classic", but now I know caramel is in the mix because of this lovely little caramel.
CaramelCinderLine_zps10c42563.jpg

Here's my 1/256! An awesome little saffron motley.
SaffronMotley_zps10a47764.jpg

Now that I know caramel is in the mix...are these next two snakes (three images) peppermint, or buttermints? Don't make fun of the colorblind guy!

Snake A (Peppermint or Buttermint?)
Peppermint22_zpsae952ed0.jpg

Snake A (Peppermint or Buttermint?)
Peppermint21_zpsbc65bd55.jpg

Snake B (Peppermint or Buttermint?)
Peppermint1_zps340440a0.jpg

Ultramel stuff

For a second consecutive year I paired my uber-awesome Zoanthid (Strawberry Anery het amel blood) to a gorgeous Ultramel Anery Tessera het Strawberry. The results are wonderful.

Ultramel Anery Tessera
UltramelAneryTessera_zps7459e62c.jpg

Snow Tessera
SnowTessera_zpsa7950036.jpg

Anery Tessera
AneryTessera_zps60ad8387.jpg

My favorite snake from this clutch...a mind-blowing strawberry ultramel anery male!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:
StrawberryUltramelAnery_zps974f9e11.jpg

I had to include a pic of a standard anery; the ones from this pairing had such great contrast!
Anery_zps5fd3a9f3.jpg

The sunkissed mutants!

Sunkissed might be my favorite mutation...well, right behind lava that is! Here's a few snakes with sunkissed in their genetic mix.

Saffron female (keeper; but the male isn't!)
Saffron_zps2620ccfa.jpg

This is going to be a fun project. I have a bunch of F1s, all sunkisseds het caramel lavender motley.
SunkissedHetCarLavMot_zpsa81ef282.jpg

You can't SEE the sunkissed gene, but this caramel motley is het sunkissed ultra. No amel in this group!
CaramelMotley_zps7955019b.jpg

A bright slightly-abarrent sunkissed.
Sunkissed2_zps7b3ea93c.jpg

This little aberrant sunkissed is already on hold for one of our forum members. I love the contrast!
Sunkissed1_zps8e07c238.jpg

Sunkissed Tessera are never an eye sore!
SunkissedTessera1_zps6f552321.jpg

Another sunkissed tessera with all the right stuff.
SunkissedTessera2_zps02f746ef.jpg

Last year was the first year I produced sunkissed anery motleys. I did really well this year with them again!
SunkissedAneryMotley2_zps50739eea.jpg

One more sunkissed anery motley.
SunkissedAneryMotley1_zps9422d820.jpg

Minus the anery; a spunky sunkissed motley.
SunkissedMotley_zpse9691847.jpg

Lava, lava, lava....lavaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

What was I saying about lava? Oh yeah, it's the best!

Ugly little male Lava Butter. I'm sure it won't be here for long...
LavaButter_zpse739b71c.jpg

They brightness of a lavamel.
Lavamel_zps963d19cd.jpg

This guy is NEVER leaving my collection. A perfect pinstriped motley topaz! :crazy01::crazy01:
PinstripeMotleyTopaz_zps0e03d2c1.jpg

Ice Bloodred at eye-level.
IceBlood_zps2ac02285.jpg

Lava het cinder stripe. I have 3.6 now...in two years.....:dgrin:
LavaHetCinderStripe_zps98857e0e.jpg

Back