• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

the saga continues........

Trimmer82 said:
She's beautiful :crazy02:
And she's lively! She bit me! You have a cobra-corn here. I told her she'd better not show the other snakes that trick, she can save it for when she gets back home to you
:grin01:

diamondlil said:
I saw it, and I'm not going to biff you! It's sort of embarrasing, but the whole point behind carrying this blog on is that it charts my desperation, the enormous amount of help and support I had from here and Lil's progress.
For Skooge I could have started a new thread, but as I already had this one I added her on. There are so many tips for poor feeders on here that it could just help. I'll try to get some new pics of Lil this week to show how huge she is now. :)
You mean to say that she is even BIGGER than before!!
My, she will not be known as the "finger sausage" anymore but as an "XXL finger sausage"
;)

Trimmer82 said:
Shes got a bit of Gillingham in her now has she? :grin01:
I dont mind lil snake nips :)
:grin01: :grin01: :grin01: She certainly has, she'll be singing the 'celery song' next. and wearing chav-gear :eek1:

diamondlil said:
I saw it, and I'm not going to biff you! It's sort of embarrasing, but the whole point behind carrying this blog on is that it charts my desperation, the enormous amount of help and support I had from here and Lil's progress.
For Skooge I could have started a new thread, but as I already had this one I added her on. There are so many tips for poor feeders on here that it could just help. I'll try to get some new pics of Lil this week to show how huge she is now. :)

Did s/he ever get in touch? There were no more replies to the OP's thread :shrugs:

Tula_Montage said:
Did s/he ever get in touch? There were no more replies to the OP's thread :shrugs:
Nope, probably thought I was a madwoman!
Skooge has shed, so here's her new shiney skin

Attachments

• 69a.JPG
    69a.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 108
The flash washed her out a little there, but I liked the pose. this one shows her colours a little better. She is a pretty little thing. Her kinks don't matter to her owner as long as they don't stop her moving, digesting etc. And yes, Trimmer, she bit me again during this photoshoot!

Attachments

• 67a.JPG
    67a.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 108
Shoestring tried something new

diamondlil said:
Excellent, I'm glad to hear Shoestring's growing. Please feel free to add updates on progress here, I had help from another forum where a corn was force-fed 2 years before it fed voluntarily, so there are other stubborn herpers out there!
As I have every feeding since last October, I put Shoestring in his feeder box and covered it with a towel. I went on to feed his future wife, Miss Nancy, her pinks. As usual, she gobbled both her pinkies up, butt first, as is her habit. After she finished eating and I returned her to her viv, I checked on Shoestring. After four and a half months of never even attempting to eat, I expected to find a cold, untouched little pink being ignored as usual. Instead, I found Shoestring WITH A LUMP!!!!

I didn't want to celebrate just yet. I could just be seeing things, I could have forgotten to put the little pinkie in the container... With my hand literally shaking, I put another small pinkie in the container and covered it again with the towel. After five minutes, I couldn't wait any longer; I had to peek. I was rewarded with the sight of a pinkie already two inches down his throat and well on its way to Shoestring's belly.

I pushed my luck and gave him the third and last small pinkie. I tried to leave one end of the container uncovered so I could watch this miracle happen, but Shoestring caught me in the act. He proceeded to stare at me as if in admonition of my rude intrusion. I quickly covered the rest of the bin and waited just a few minutes. I uncovered it just in time to see the tiniest little feet passing into my sweet baby's mouth.

Shoestring ate. For the very first time, he ate. I am wiping tears off my cheeks, I am so happy and so proud of him. I don't know what the next feeding will bring, if he will now eat on his own for good, or if he will fall back on old habits. Now, however, I am armed with the knowledge that Shoestring knows how to eat. He's done so once, so there is reason to believe he will again.

I couldn't be more slap-happy! :crazy02:

Good news!! I made a decision with the babies that wouldn't eat without forcing or special work will be given away as pets. I will ask that they not be bred as I don't want poor genes passed on. We worked hard to create a snake with good feeding responses and I don't want anything to jeopardize that. These will remain pets. The good eaters will go on to reproduce.

Jaxom, that's fantastic news! :cheers: I know exactly how that lump in the snake's belly can give you a lump in your throat!
Meg, you're totally right in my opinion. I said before there's no way I could ever breed Lil in case there's a genetic reason for her early problems. With the fostersnake Skooge, her owner knows her kinks as well as her feeding problems mean she's going to be best as a virgin queen all her life.

I got the "skooge" name from the Nickleodeon cartoon series Invader Zim. Theres an alien in there called invader skooge and i just liked it:p
Skooge is looking so good!! Can I take a couple of them plastic flowers when I collect her? she looks great on them and it might help her settle into her viv a bit better :wavey:

Sorry she keeps biting, must be where shes feeling alot stronger now, getting a bit bolshy :p

Of course you can have the bad-taste flowers too! They make a great hide/climbing frame for hatchlings. Most sheds are wound in between the branches, so the snakes obviously use them as shedding aids too.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! SHE DID IT! I'm off to visit my chap tomorrow, so was going to feed Skooge tonight, but there are squeakers in the nest. So I introduced her to her first live pink, and let her have a think about it. She freaked out at first, trying to escape for about 5 minutes, then the tongue flickering increased, the head digging movements started, and she caught on, finally, to what baby snakes are supposed to do with baby mice.

Attachments

• 75a.JPG
    75a.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 89
  • 77a.JPG
    77a.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 77a.JPG
    77a.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 83a.JPG
    83a.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 89a.JPG
    89a.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 89
Tula_Montage said:
Fantastic news!

BTW Janine just how kinked is she?

She does have kinks in the last 1/4-1/3 of her body, those areas look bumpy and just don't move right, but it doesn't slow her down except in a vertical climb up the tub wall. If she gets overexcited the end of her tail takes on a life of its own, curling around in random coils, so I think there's nerve damage/deformity to that end. She defecates normally and has never regurged (stay away Murphy), so it doesnt seem to affect her digestion.

Trimmer82 said:
Look at her go!!
I feel like a dad watching his baby take its first steps!!
Skooge is all kinds of awesome!
The last couple of meals I forced cut-up pinks instead of puree in, to get her used to swallowing more solid stuff. As soon as she started the head-digging I knew we were going the right way. I've got new pinks due next week, plus a supply of f/t of this size, so we'll see if she converts now or takes a little time. The main problem was not distracting her, as I was lying on my bed watching her.

Back