CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mystic Exotics (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   2018 Miami Tessera p/h Amel X LBR Miami p/h Amel Motley (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146135)

MysticExotics 07-26-2018 09:09 AM

2018 Miami Tessera p/h Amel X LBR Miami p/h Amel Motley

4 Attachment(s)
This is my first test clutch from the possible Super/Homo Dom Miami Tessera clutch that I produced in 2015.

UPDATE: 8/1/18 babies have started to hatch, and there are some normal (Miami) babies, so I know that Azurite is NOT Super/Homo Dom.
Azurite is now available for $100, shipping is additional. He is possible het Amel.

I paired Azurite (ME-KAI-15-17M) with Aster, my LBR Miami. There are 16 out of 18 eggs, they should start pipping any day now. They started hatching on day 71.

I am very excited about this clutch, and will be happy with the results either way, whether they're all Miami Tessera's or if I get half Miami Tessera's and half "normal" Miami babies, they should be fabulous. I'm really hoping for the thicker borders that Aster, the Dam has.

I will definitely be holding back some babies to continue my Miami and Miami Tessera projects.

Here are the parents:
Sire: Azurite
Dam: Aster

Next are the paternal Grand parents:

GrandSire: Brokk
GrandDam: Kai

(I'll put the paternal Great Grand parents in the next post)

MysticExotics 07-26-2018 09:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Paternal Great GrandSire: Taz (SMR Okeetee Tessera)
Paternal Great GrandDam: Kai (Miami phase-unknown lineage)

MysticExotics 07-26-2018 05:06 PM

I got home from work to find Aster laying a second clutch. I suspect they're going to be all/most slugs.
I only saw 4 or 5, I'm pretty sure she's no where near done yet.
I'll check again tonight when I wake up.

No pipping yet.

MysticExotics 08-01-2018 01:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Day 71,they started hatching!!

One has emerged, and a second one is thinking about it. LOL
I saw several little noses peeking out.
I am so excited for these babies!

ME-AST-18-01 6 grams

blacktip 08-01-2018 05:39 PM

It looks like somebody is not a super tessera. But still a pretty baby. Great contrast.

Frank Pinello 08-01-2018 09:36 PM

Oooooo.....that one looks like it will turn out to be a very nice Miami phase.
I'll need you to post photos of each one as they emerge from the eggs and after they shed. Lol.

MysticExotics 08-02-2018 01:07 AM

No, Azurite is not a Super/Homo Dom Tessera, but I was just as happy with normal Miami babies in this clutch, because of the Dam, I'm hoping for some really nice borders.

Thank you Frank!
I apologize for the delay, I work graveyard shift, and was sleeping. I woke up to a few more babies out of their eggs, and I got them weighed, and quick phone pics, but I won't be able to post them here until I get settled at work.

I moved each egg to their own bin, so they are emerging in random order, compared to their numbers. This is the first year I have done it this way, it does make it nice not to dig through the substrate to find babies hiding at the bottom. LOL

I work a 12 hour shift tonight, so I might not get photos of the ones that hatch after until after 11am tomorrow morning.

I'll try to upload a few from my phone real quick, but I was havinig problems with the size on the first one, so it might not work.

MysticExotics 08-02-2018 01:18 AM

The photos aren't uploading on here, but I was able to get them onto my iHerp page.
The ones that have hatched are on it.

https://www.iherp.com/Public/Animals...1-2adcae0f29d1

MysticExotics 08-02-2018 06:31 AM

ME-AST-18-02

2 Attachment(s)
ME-AST-18-02 is a normal (Miami), and is still contemplating a full exit of his/her egg. LOL

This one is probably going to have the lighter coloring.

Update: 8/2/18- I went home on a break and three had emerged, including this one. 7 grams

MysticExotics 08-02-2018 06:33 AM

ME-AST-18-03

1 Attachment(s)
ME-AST-18-03 is a pretty little Miami Tessera. Sorry about the horrible lighting on some of these.