CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   morph help please (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146428)

Raven 02-22-2019 05:23 PM

morph help please

5 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone! I had a clutch hatch last year with unexpected results. I'm still working on my skills at morph ID so I just wanted some opinions on what I am looking at vs what I think they are.

Mom is supposedly anery stripe het lavender possibly het bloodred.
Dad is supposedly anery motley het bloodred. Diffused was not the term/recognized when I got them. I know there is a diffused-bloodred gene debate.

They are both obviously also het for amel due to getting snow types in the clutch.

Any help or suggestions would be great! Thanks again for any help.

chris68 02-22-2019 05:57 PM

All Mots het stripe...Some neat pinstriping and "Q-tipping" hehe...Looks like they were het hypo too...?...So anery, snow and ghost(?) mots het stripe...I'd be guessing as far as to whether they are diffused without seeing them firsthand...and would probably still be a best guess :grin01:

Raven 02-22-2019 07:02 PM

Thanks Chris! Those were my guesses as they aged as well. The only thing I was sure of was motley/stripe for all of them. They looked nothing like ghost (in my opinion) as hatchlings. And the "snows" were off as well. The addition of the hypo gene made sense.

As for the bloodred/diffused being in there, many of them have frosted heads. I was thinking one of the anerys looked granite for a while. I can't get good pictures of the snows. The one is really frosted but looks pink in all the pictures. The other one is pink, white and peach.

Raven 02-22-2019 07:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
the frosted looking snow

Raven 02-22-2019 07:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
the (hypo?) snow

Raven 02-22-2019 07:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I know there is a good deal of variation in amels and anerys. Some of this clutch looks standard steel grey, some are very dark with minimal to no yellow and a few look like this.

Dragonling 02-23-2019 12:23 PM

Do you have photos of the parents? Might not help much, but you never know.

Raven 02-23-2019 01:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
These are the best I have at the moment (only baby pictures of dad). I can look later and take better pictures in a few days - both are dusty right now. Hope they help.

Raven 03-03-2019 08:02 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Mom finally shed. Waiting on the dad. Hope these help in IDing the morphs. Mom used to be very light and had a pink/purple back. She has darkened over time. Dad used to be very dark and lightened over time.

Raven 03-03-2019 08:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I also noticed that some of the babies have not black but dark ruby pupils. It doesn't show well when I take the photos so I apologize for the lighting.