CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Breeding/Egg Production & Care (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Halloween corns (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145471)

Millertime87 10-16-2017 05:08 AM

Halloween corns

I was looking at pictures of corn snakes an was amazed by the Halloween okeetee corns, couldn't really find much info on them an I was wondering is that just selective breeding or do you breed specific pairs to create such morph?

MikeSaw23 10-16-2017 07:11 AM

Selective breeding of such okeetee corns.

Dragonling 10-16-2017 12:03 PM

The original Halloween corns were owned by Graham Criglow. Don't bother yourself looking him up to ask about it, though. It's a sore subject best left alone. The line is gone. The best hope of reviving it is to slowly work towards selectively breeding the best-bordered extreme Okeetees one can find.

Millertime87 10-16-2017 12:30 PM

Well that makes perfect sense, explains why I couldn't find one for sale or many pictures for that matter. I'll leave the subject alone then if people are going to be upset about it. I guess I'll stick with my second favorite okeetee then an breed my buckskin. Thank you for the information and helping solve the mystery.

Twolunger 10-16-2017 04:48 PM

Buckskins like those sold by South Mountain are awesome corns. If I didn't have so many projects already I would love to have a pair.

Millertime87 10-16-2017 05:12 PM

That's where I got my buck skins from. Don was very good to me an I now have a pair that are het for amel. Just have to play the waiting game now an grow them out.

Nanci 10-16-2017 07:31 PM

I have a son and daughter of the Halloween Okeetee. Just sayin'. The son, Raven, is my snake who tried to turn himself into a real life ouroboros.

Millertime87 10-16-2017 08:32 PM

Will you be breeding those two by any chance?��

Dragonling 10-19-2017 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millertime87 (Post 1729523)
I'll leave the subject alone then if people are going to be upset about it.

Oh, no I don't think it's a sore subject for anyone here, but I made the mistake of pestering Graham about them and was promptly shut down. I could have worded that better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanci (Post 1729532)
I have a son and daughter of the Halloween Okeetee. Just sayin'. The son, Raven, is my snake who tried to turn himself into a real life ouroboros.

I completely forgot you had those two. More things to add to my wishlist. Yay.

Nanci 10-19-2017 12:32 PM

Maybe? I have an Okeetee Tessera, Gartersnake, from Don. I bred Gartersnake to Madras, an aberrant Abbott Okeetee. (The offspring were huge, amazing.) I kept back an aberrant Tessera male, Koolio. I plan to breed him to Starling, the Halloween daughter.

I have a Halloween son, Raven, because he was supposed to be a she and was mis-sexed. Starling was one of Graham's holdbacks, and the replacement.

I might breed the two together, but I am way more interested in breeding Koolio x Starling.