• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

My first scaleless hatched

Chip

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
Looks anery, neither parent was... From a quick look over, I can't spot a single scale on this snake, most have a scattering.
s33s53.jpg

dpe2yo.jpg

2rfvl0g.jpg

2f0dkrr.jpg

Last edited:
It was a clutch of six giant eggs, two went bad. One normal and one scaleless out, one looks to have died in egg, so possibly one to go...

Last edited:
Wow, congratulations! It looks pretty chunky for a newly hatched corn, but maybe it's just the angle of the pictures. I hope you update with post shed pictures!

No, it's huge. Both babies came out of the egg at 10-11 grams. Of course, the eggs they came out of looked like ball python eggs. Here's a picture of a normal corn snake egg beside them:
5zl251.jpg

I've had small females do this -a small clutch of huge eggs. Makes no sense to me from a biological perspective, but seems to be common.

Something tells me I'll be taking a few. ;)

Thanks, Heather!
Looking forward to seeing more! It looks so smooth! :cool:

It's the most scaleless one I think I've seen. Most have a pretty good smattering, this one is slick. Hoping it's a male, and I'll keep him.

Update, second scaleless is coming out now. Appears normal, pulled head back in egg when I tried to photo. Updates later today, hopefully.

Congrats Chip, that first one sure is a fatty.............LOL
Looking forward to seeing the second !!

Walter
:crazy02:BOUT' CORNS !!

Back