CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mystic Exotics (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   2019 Miami Tessera X Miami (Brokk X Henna) (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146687)

MysticExotics 06-20-2019 02:59 PM

2019 Miami Tessera X Miami (Brokk X Henna)

2 Attachment(s)
We produced Brokk in 2011, when I borrowed an AMR Okeetee Tessera from my friend Tara, and paired him with my first Miami female, unknown lineage.
I acquired Henna from Catherine Turley of Live Oak Serpents, as an Okeetee Miami, from LBR line Miami parents. I love her borders!!

I wasn't planning on pairing Henna this year, but she showed signs of ovulating, so I put Brokk in with her, and she laid eggs May 9th.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the coloring and borders turn out on these babies!

Photos of Brokk and Henna

Frank Pinello 06-20-2019 08:49 PM

can't wait to see the results of this pairing!

MysticExotics 06-20-2019 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Pinello (Post 1737977)
can't wait to see the results of this pairing!

Me too! The next month should go by fairly fast, I have about 30 hatchlings to get started eating in the next couple weeks.

Frank Pinello 06-21-2019 11:35 PM

I should be busy too in early august. I have four clutches of corn snake eggs totaling over 50 eggs. 2 clutches are from a masq red factor het motley, blood red & amel x normal het for the same.; pied sided bloodred het hypo x paradox blood red; cinder x sunkissed.

Next year I should have about 10 clutches of more upscale corn morphs.

Almost forgot I also have two clutches of ball python eggs cooking. Six eggs from Banana het pied x pied and eight eggs cinnamon x pastel.

MysticExotics 06-21-2019 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Pinello (Post 1737987)
I should be busy too in early august. I have four clutches of corn snake eggs totaling over 50 eggs. 2 clutches are from a masq red factor het motley, blood red & amel x normal het for the same.; pied sided bloodred het hypo x paradox blood red; cinder x sunkissed.

Next year I should have about 10 clutches of more upscale corn morphs.

Almost forgot I also have two clutches of ball python eggs cooking. Six eggs from Banana het pied x pied and eight eggs cinnamon x pastel.

You are going to be busy! LOL

lvchris 06-23-2019 04:53 AM

Looks like a great breeding. Would love to see those babies :) if you produce any of those thick black border Okeetee looking Miamis and they are for sale I would love to pick one up..

MysticExotics 06-23-2019 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvchris (Post 1738004)
Looks like a great breeding. Would love to see those babies :) if you produce any of those thick black border Okeetee looking Miamis and they are for sale I would love to pick one up..

I'll post them here when they hatch! :)

MysticExotics 07-18-2019 12:01 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I wasn't expecting these babies to start hatching until this coming weekend. I checked on them a few days ago, and they seemed to be right on schedule. Apparently they started to pip immediately after that, because yesterday after work, I discovered that most of them had hatched!!
The last 2 hatched during the night.
Here are the 14 babies from Brokk X Henna :)

HEN-01
HEN-02
HEN-03
HEN-04
HEN-05

MysticExotics 07-18-2019 12:04 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I will probably be keeping a couple of the thicker bordered Miami Tessera's, and definitely keeping 2-3 of the normal Miami babies.
I might hang onto one of the Amel Tessera's as well.

HEN-06 (holdback)
HEN-07
HEN-08
HEN-09
HEN-10 (holdback)

MysticExotics 07-18-2019 12:05 PM

4 Attachment(s)
HEN-11
HEN-12
HEN-13
HEN-14 (possible holdback)

67temp 07-18-2019 01:14 PM

Congrats, very nice. I love the thick black borders. Looks like you are starting to be swimming in babies over there!

lvchris 07-18-2019 02:01 PM

Lookin good. :)

MysticExotics 07-18-2019 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67temp (Post 1738309)
Congrats, very nice. I love the thick black borders. Looks like you are starting to be swimming in babies over there!

Thank you, and yes, it definitely feels like that! LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvchris (Post 1738310)
Lookin good. :)

Thank you! I'm very happy with how these babies turned out!

lvchris 07-18-2019 03:05 PM

Once you figure out your holdbacks you can go ahead and set aside the one with the thickest black borders that is left for me :) love these guys

MysticExotics 07-18-2019 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvchris (Post 1738312)
Once you figure out your holdbacks you can go ahead and set aside the one with the thickest black borders that is left for me :) love these guys

On the Tessera's, correct?

Frank Pinello 07-18-2019 10:41 PM

Good pairing. Love the thick boarders of both normals and tesserras.
Did you know they were het for Amel?

MysticExotics 07-18-2019 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Pinello (Post 1738331)
Good pairing. Love the thick boarders of both normals and tesserras.
Did you know they were het for Amel?

I knew the sire was het for Amel, I did a test breeding a few years back on him.
The female came to me as 66% het Amel, Hypo, and 50% het Anery.
I may pair her with a Ghost at some point, to check for the other two possible hets, but I'm pretty happy about the Amel het. :)

lvchris 07-18-2019 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticExotics (Post 1738315)
On the Tessera's, correct?

Actually more interested in the normal's, but if there's not enough to go around I would probably pick up a Tessera :) I really like the breeding

MysticExotics 07-18-2019 10:46 PM

I wouldn't have been terribly upset if she wasn't het for Amel, because my focus is on the thick border Miami's, but I won't complain. ;)

MysticExotics 07-18-2019 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvchris (Post 1738333)
Actually more interested in the normal's, but if there's not enough to go around I would probably pick up a Tessera :) I really like the breeding

I'll let you know on the normal babies. I *might* have one available when the time comes.
I would have liked more normal babies in the clutch, but I can do a repeat pairing if necessary next year.

I'm glad I decided to pair these two after all. They weren't in my plans for this year, but she showed signs of ovulating, so I figured I'd give it a try.
I'm very happy that I did! :)

lvchris 07-19-2019 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticExotics (Post 1738335)
I'll let you know on the normal babies. I *might* have one available when the time comes.
I would have liked more normal babies in the clutch, but I can do a repeat pairing if necessary next year.

Sounds good. Keep me posted :)

I'm glad I decided to pair these two after all. They weren't in my plans for this year, but she showed signs of ovulating, so I figured I'd give it a try.
I'm very happy that I did! :)

I agree, i really love both the parents and from what I can see the babies look amazing..

MysticExotics 07-19-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvchris (Post 1738337)
I agree, i really love both the parents and from what I can see the babies look amazing..

Thank you! This clutch ended up being one of my favorites from this year!

How are your snakes doing?

lvchris 07-19-2019 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticExotics (Post 1738341)
Thank you! This clutch ended up being one of my favorites from this year!

How are your snakes doing?

Thanks for asking..

All mine are doing great. I have been doing some wheeling dealing and investing over the past few years and most of my collection is Palmetto and het Palmetto at this point. I sold the Tessera and the Red Factor I got from you four or five years back, but I do have three or four of the Tesseras babys. They are all het palmetto and should be ready to breed 2020 :) Ill try to get some pictures of them next week and post them in the photo section if you'd like to see them :)

MysticExotics 07-19-2019 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvchris (Post 1738345)
Thanks for asking..

All mine are doing great. I have been doing some wheeling dealing and investing over the past few years and most of my collection is Palmetto and het Palmetto at this point. I sold the Tessera and the Red Factor I got from you four or five years back, but I do have three or four of the Tesseras babys. They are all het palmetto and should be ready to breed 2020 :) Ill try to get some pictures of them next week and post them in the photo section if you'd like to see them :)

Very cool!
Yes, I'd love to see them wh n you get a chance.

lvchris 07-28-2019 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticExotics (Post 1738347)
Very cool!
Yes, I'd love to see them wh n you get a chance.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...95#post1738395

hard to tell from my terrible photos but hes pretty nice :)

MysticExotics 07-28-2019 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvchris (Post 1738396)
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...95#post1738395

hard to tell from my terrible photos but hes pretty nice :)

Very pretty!!

The Henna babies have shed, and I apologize for not posting pics, things have been crazy busy with trying to get my house ready to list and working on compiling info for a very extensive background check for a job I am applying for.

MysticExotics 08-07-2019 09:07 PM

The Henna babies were offered their second meal tonight.
Only one of the babies will be listed for sale. HEN-08 (male).

I'll get some pics soon.