CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Health Issues/Feeding Problems (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Red Glow Corn Won't Eat (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19537)

DERICO414 03-31-2005 08:05 AM

Red Glow Corn Won't Eat

:shrugs: I bought a baby corn. It was to eat the day after I got him/her (Tamone). I put him in the container that I brought Tamone in and he ate fine. The next friday came and Tamone ate in the same container fine. Well this friday I had to work late and was unable to get a pinkie. I got one 2 days later and Tamone won't touch it. I left it in the container for a few hours then tried to feed Tamone in a brown bag and he still won't touch it. Does anyone out there have a clue what I should do. He is just a little fella. He is drinking water though.

princess 03-31-2005 08:10 AM

Could be coming up to shedding. Try keeping his viv in a quiet area with low traffic, giving him a moist moss hide and DO NOT DISTURB for 2 days. Then offer a pinkie in a container in his viv (him in the container) this might cut down on the stress of changing environments. The little ones get stressed pretty easily so don't worry too much. Don't offer food more often than every 4 days. If he refuses, make him wait. Please don't feed live mice, there's no need, and frozen can be kept inthe freezer for extended periods so there's no issue of unavailability from the pet shop.

cornsnakekid92 03-31-2005 08:41 AM

yea i agree, It sounds like it is an shedding issue, just try not to bug him?her much and keep the humitty at a good level. I am pretty lucky and mine will eat while in blue but not all do. the first time i saw mine shed the colors were very bright, espeally if u look at it the day before :eek1:

DERICO414 03-31-2005 08:55 AM

Good Idea's But

Tamone has already shed once the week after I got him. Will he shed again so soon?

princess 03-31-2005 09:08 AM

When they're little, they can shed as often as every 3 weeks if you're feeding a lot but a normal shedding schedule might be more like every 5 weeks or so. My youngsters have never given me trouble with feeding (touch wood) through the blue time but each snake is an individual so we have to treat them as individuals. Leave him alone for a few days (pretend he doesn't exist!) and try to keep down vibrations (loud music, sub woofer, kids running in the house near him...) and let him chill out. Then feed him.

I use a pair of dental tweezers (it's sometimes handy have a dentist for a mum!) ro hold the mouse near the little ones face. If he hasn't struck within 30-40 seconds. leave him alone with the mouse and in most cases, the mouse will be gone within 10 mins....and the snake will have a lump in it!

Good luck. Keep us posted,
Adèle