CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Animals and Related Items Wanted (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Aquarium lid clips (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139848)

smigon 02-10-2015 07:43 AM

Aquarium lid clips

I have a few vivs without clips, I liked my setup with the Velcro but the sticky side seems not to want to hold to the glass well.

So I want to try the clips. I had a few when I did a few rescues, they came with clips, but they were so hard to work with I started using the Velcro.

Does anyone have any to sell?

insomniac101 02-10-2015 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smigon (Post 1679094)
I liked my setup with the Velcro but the sticky side seems not to want to hold to the glass well.

Hey Michelle,

I use the sew-on Velcro, and it works fine. As long as it's tight, I've found that here is no need for it to stick to the glass.

I just can't let myself trust those clips 100% of the time. I always worry that a snake will get out if we go away for a weekend. I know; a little paranoid, lol!

Kathy

smigon 02-11-2015 09:32 AM

But what does it stick to? I take two 2" sticky-backed hook pieces and put one on the top in the corner of the lid and one directly below it on the tank.

Then I take one long loop piece and connect the two.

Can you explain your setup in a little more detail? I love the Velcro idea best and it works for the most part but like I said, sometimes the sticky side fails and I have had a couple escapes because of it (nobody lost for good, luckily!).

insomniac101 02-11-2015 01:14 PM

That's the beauty of it - it doesn't need to stick to work. HERE'S a thread where it was discussed in more detail. You just put the two ends together, wrap it around the tank, pull tight and press the pieces together. Works like a charm!

Kathy

IowaPrairieWoman 02-13-2015 02:11 AM

while I find them hard to take off, I have had good luck with the clips.

smigon 02-22-2015 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniac101 (Post 1679219)
That's the beauty of it - it doesn't need to stick to work. HERE'S a thread where it was discussed in more detail. You just put the two ends together, wrap it around the tank, pull tight and press the pieces together. Works like a charm!

Kathy

Ahhh, that makes more sense! I was using the tape kind for the tank and the sewing kind to connect the two.

BUT, now I am wondering how the two ends connect. Say you put the loop kind all around the tanks, what does it connect to when the ends meet?

insomniac101 02-22-2015 12:35 PM

It only connects to itself. It just serves as a snug strap to prevent the snake from lifting the screen top. No need for it to stick to anything.

Kathy