CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   All "Others" Photo Gallery (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Blue-eyed leucistic monocled cobra (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145488)

BLKfly 10-21-2017 07:18 PM

Blue-eyed leucistic monocled cobra

3 Attachment(s)
Here's our new little buddy Lucian!! Aka "death noodle". We got him off a friend a couple months ago, and he's doing awesome. Can't wait to see this little guy grow up, though the baby hood is quite adorable.

blacktip 10-24-2017 02:41 PM

Beautiful snake. I have to admit you are a much braver soul than I am. I could never trust myself to own or handle any hots.

BLKfly 10-24-2017 04:05 PM

Thank you! He's a pretty cool little guy. They are a lot easier to keep than you think. Stuck sheds just suck to get off lol.

BLKfly 02-07-2018 08:36 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Just a little update on our buddy here, unfortunately he had a bad shed. Luckily for me, he behaved enough to let me help him out with getting his shed off, but afterwards he had to hood up too remind me that he's tough and doesn't need any help lol; so ungrateful. His white is coming in nicely now, and he is up to 116g.

Nanci 02-07-2018 11:27 AM

Very cute! How did you deal with the stuck shed?

BLKfly 02-07-2018 12:38 PM

I have a special hook I made, it has a V-shape in the middle. So I can place it above his head, and teeter it side to side, depending on which way he turns. This way he cannot turn around quickly, also I leave 1/3 of his body on the ground. It gives him enough traction to feel like he can get away rather than turn towards me and defend himself. The black rubber glove in there, I wet it down and slide it over the hook, he usually can get any skin off near his head after he bends around the hook trying to get a grip. It is still very nerve racking though lol, but you have to keep calm and I never take my eyes off of where his head is at. It's a lot easier now he's a little bigger, when he would get shed stuck to his tail as a little guy.... It sucked because he was so tiny, and very flighty. He's much more mellow, well as far as cobra's go.

Nanci 02-07-2018 04:38 PM

Would he go in a humid hide, do you think, especially with moss in it???

BLKfly 02-07-2018 05:17 PM

Yep, he has a hide with wet moss in it. We put a hook on top to remove it safely. He likes being sprayed with water, it's actually quite funny lol. It's just so dry in here because of winter and his temperature is set at 87" so it dries out pretty quickly. This is the first bad shed he has had, usually it's just his tail. I'm in the process of carving him a nice rock enclosure, probably going to put a mister in there for him.

BLKfly 06-06-2018 05:08 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Few updates regarding Lucian, he's getting very big; quickly. Decided to just get him a vision cage, and a girl friend. They are both doing great, can't wait until the female monocle (Sonja) gets a little bigger, so we can put her into her new vision cage too.

Nanci 06-07-2018 07:35 AM

So pretty!!