CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Feeders (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Anyone use Layne Labs? (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100101)

ShenziSixaxis 05-29-2010 06:40 AM

Anyone use Layne Labs?

Layne Labs

I've never heard of this place before this time. So, out of curiosity, anyone use them? They're stationed in CA.

carnivorouszoo 05-29-2010 10:03 AM

Wow, compare them to rodent pro. I think they cost more at that lab place. I have to run or I would check them against rp myself.

PrettyBoyCorn 06-06-2010 05:30 PM

I just did buy from Layne Laboratories. It was my first purchase of pinkies for my first cornsnake. Bought 50 one-day-old pinkies, packaged 25 apiece. Don't know if I'm supposed to get specific on prices because I'm new here but the unit price of the 50 was 35 cents each with the shipping charge for delivery by FedEx with dry ice in a large box came to $28.80 for a total of $46.30 with no tax. The pinkies were still frozen when I uncrated them. I tried my snake on one the next morning and it was scarfed down in a few minutes, so I'm grateful for this regardless of whether I may have saved a few bucks elsewhere and received not-so-good mice. But what do I know? I'm a real newbie in the cornsnake department. Hope this info helps you, though.

marshaelaine 06-06-2010 11:25 PM

I have bought from Layne Labs before. their mice are good, and their shipping is much better than any other company that I have found so far. their mice cost more than some of the cheaper places though,
Marsha

carnivorouszoo 06-07-2010 07:52 AM

I have not had any issues with the mice I got at rodentpro. Not sure I would buy from a LAB. Who knows what those mice went through during life. I mean come on, its a LAB.

RosieReal 06-07-2010 10:45 AM

lol...I'd immagine thats a name. They probably produce rodents for lab testing as well...I didnt poke around the website too much though. Looks like a pretty well run spot.

GothPixel 06-07-2010 10:54 AM

Will have to check them out. I've been looking at rodentpro, but the smallest bag they have is 100, and that's just too many mice of any one size, as I have only the one snake. But all the other places I've seen had such higher prices that I would spend almost as much on 50 pinks there as I would 100 pinks at rodentpro.

Hopefully Layne has the balance of cost and quantity I need.

GothPixel 06-07-2010 11:04 AM

Oh well. Just compared. It's cheaper to buy 100 mice from rodentpro than 50 mice from Layne.

Blue Apple Herps 06-07-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carnivorouszoo (Post 1132888)
I have not had any issues with the mice I got at rodentpro. Not sure I would buy from a LAB. Who knows what those mice went through during life. I mean come on, its a LAB.

Did you even bother to read about them?

Crimson.Dawn 06-07-2010 04:48 PM

"Layne Labs breeds outstanding quality mice and rats specifically for zoos, wildlife rehabilitators and reptile hobbyists. Our animals are raised in a stress-free living environment, with a constant flow of fresh air, clean drinking water, nutritious food and clean, dry bedding."

"The Layne Laboratories Animal Bill of Rights hangs on every door in our facility. We take our job as caregivers seriously, because we believe that every living being plays an important part in the circle of life, and deserves to be treated with compassion and respect."

"All Animals Born In Our Facility Have Certain Inalienable Rights. These Include:

* A Stress Free Living Environment
* A Constant Flow of Fresh Air
* Clean Drinking Water
* Fresh Food, Available at All Times
* Clean, Dry Bedding
* Peace and Quiet
* Natural Day and Night Light Cycles
* To Be Treated Humanely, With Compassion and Respect"

That's what the website says. And there shipping is amazingly cheaper then all the other places I've priced out. More for the mice Less all around. I'm So putting in an order and seeing how my no-legged kids like them :)