CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Animals and Related Items For Sale (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   NOTICE!!! - Check the BOI! (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117121)

Drizzt80 02-27-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpccusa (Post 804066)
There are a few members here from Michigan. They might be able to take the snake out of your hands. The humane society would be another good place to ask for help. And "considering one cannot pay for food to feed the snake and trying to find a good home" you should be giving the snake for free and not trying to sell it. Just MHO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reptile_jones (Post 804321)
Were in MI are you? Their are a few reptile shows that you could take it to.

http://www.michiganreptileshow.com/

I don't remember were the other one is. It is small with about 12 venders or less. I have never went to it. To far of a drive for so few venders.

Will you two help me sell my snakes too. I started a thread here . . . :-poke:

. . . and I've contributed here since 2005 . . .

Thanks! ;)
D80

reptile_jones 02-27-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drizzt80 (Post 804600)
Will you two help me sell my snakes too. I started a thread here . . . :-poke:

. . . and I've contributed here since 2005 . . .

Thanks! ;)
D80

Hmm I'll see what i can do. :D

Nanci 04-11-2011 01:30 PM

Bump!!! Please, please don't forget to check the BOI!!! If you don't know how, PM me and I will help you!!

Nanci 04-17-2011 11:14 AM

Reminder! Check the BOI before purchasing snakes!!

Nanci 06-03-2011 08:08 AM

Bump !

dawn75801 06-03-2011 08:47 AM

That was the first thing I thought when I saw some of the new postings last night...thanks for the reminder though!

Nanci 06-20-2011 08:49 AM

Bump! Don't forget to check the BOI!!

Nanci 07-16-2011 07:16 AM

Just a reminder!!

starsevol 07-16-2011 08:31 AM

Good call Nanci!!

crotalis40741 07-16-2011 10:24 AM

I agree everyone should check the BOI before purchasing online. Good call Nanci.

ghosthousecorns 07-16-2011 10:42 AM

I agree as well- But also remember not every good breeder out there has a post on BOI that says so. I've had a lot of satisfied customers but not a single one of them has bothered to make a good guy post about me. I feel awkward about asking a customer to make such a post. I would hate to lose new business because of it. But yes check the BOI and make sure there is at least no "bad guy" post out there?

Nanci 07-16-2011 10:55 AM

I wish people were better about posting Good Guy posts as well. At least the worst will turn up with a search there, though.

I think I've posted Good Guy posts for very nearly all my purchases.

It's also useful for checking out buyers. And if I can't dig anything up at BOI, I'll ask people I know who have bought a snake from that source, or sold a snake to that source.

Caryl 07-16-2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghosthousecorns (Post 1336567)
I agree as well- But also remember not every good breeder out there has a post on BOI that says so. I've had a lot of satisfied customers but not a single one of them has bothered to make a good guy post about me. I feel awkward about asking a customer to make such a post. I would hate to lose new business because of it. But yes check the BOI and make sure there is at least no "bad guy" post out there?

Wisely said, and I totally agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanci (Post 1336573)
I wish people were better about posting Good Guy posts as well. At least the worst will turn up with a search there, though.

I think I've posted Good Guy posts for very nearly all my purchases.

It's also useful for checking out buyers. And if I can't dig anything up at BOI, I'll ask people I know who have bought a snake from that source, or sold a snake to that source.

Good for you, Nanci! It would be ideal if people all posted positive remarks as quickly as they do the negative ones. I guess it's human nature to complain more loudly than to praise. Good advice about checking out buyers, as well. I want my babies to go to good homes.

Nanci 08-01-2011 05:18 AM

Bump for Monday! And new people!!

Nanci 08-19-2011 07:15 AM

Don't forget to check the BOI!!

Nanci 08-29-2011 04:39 PM

Friendly reminder! "Big Name Breeder" or not- it pays to check the BOI!!

azhketh 08-29-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghosthousecorns (Post 1336567)
I feel awkward about asking a customer to make such a post. I would hate to lose new business because of it. But yes check the BOI and make sure there is at least no "bad guy" post out there?

If it helps at all, as a customer, I wouldn't mind you asking me to make such a post. Just something like "Hey, if you're happy with our transaction, please post about it on the BOI." Most people on here know about the BOI, but I'm sure you've had some customers that have no idea, and would need to be pointed in the right direction.

I know I've posted a few good guy reports, though I don't recall if I've posted for all of my reptiles. My memory's about one knock to the head away from being like Dory's from 'Finding Nemo.' ;)

ghosthousecorns 08-29-2011 07:14 PM

Thanks. I actually did finally get a good guy post on me. And more importantly no bad guy posts and the only person I ever sold a snake to that didn't do well was offered a replacement, I have tried to do my best by every customer.

crotalis40741 09-05-2011 06:47 PM

I would like to take this time and remind anyone who is new or not so new check the BOI before you buy. It will list not only the BAD but the good. And there is a lot of both out there.

Nanci 09-09-2011 11:00 AM

I see a new-ish member here is over there checking people out. Great!! Inform yourself!!!

Nanci 09-14-2011 02:23 PM

Don't forget! Check out ANYONE you might wish to buy a snake from!!

Christen 09-14-2011 02:49 PM

And I might add don't forget to do your positive BOI's if you had a great experience with someone. I know I am guilty. I will get everyone that I bought snakes from this year, I just haven't sat down to do it yet.

But I know that really helps with people decisions as well.

Nanci 09-18-2011 07:40 AM

Remember! Check the Board of Inquiry before purchasing a snake!

Nanci 09-27-2011 05:32 AM

Bump !

Nanci 10-01-2011 11:14 PM

Reminder!!

Susan 10-05-2011 07:20 PM

A reminder to actually READ the threads. I know for a fact that there are threads (one very recently posted) where the title says "Bad Guy" but the OP actually turns out to be the liar and the cheat and the supposed bad guy is in reality a "Good Guy". There is one older thread where the title asks who the bad guys to avoid are but members were replying with the names of breeders they recommend and my name was mentioned, but if you didn't go past the title, you could falsely assume I am one of the bad guys.

MysticExotics 10-12-2011 04:26 PM

It is very important to read the BOI when you're considering buying an animal from anyone.
If you don't see a BOI thread for someone you're considering buying from, ask around. It's better to research & avoid heartache.

crotalis40741 10-13-2011 11:54 AM

I can not urge new members strongly enough to check the BOI before you buy online. A few minutes searching could save you a lot of heartache.

Nanci 10-18-2011 06:59 AM

Very Important!!!!!!!!!! Check the BOI!!!!!!!!!!! If you don't know what that means, I or any other mod can help you.

Blue Apple Herps 10-18-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan (Post 1375120)
A reminder to actually READ the threads. I know for a fact that there are threads (one very recently posted) where the title says "Bad Guy" but the OP actually turns out to be the liar and the cheat and the supposed bad guy is in reality a "Good Guy". There is one older thread where the title asks who the bad guys to avoid are but members were replying with the names of breeders they recommend and my name was mentioned, but if you didn't go past the title, you could falsely assume I am one of the bad guys.

Great point Susan!! The BOI is littered with "Bad Guy" threads that turned out to be without merit and the OP of said threads was exposed for a cheat/scammer/liar/etc.

Tara80 12-02-2011 04:02 PM

Check the BOI people! I think it's time to bump this up!

Cat_Eyed_Lady 12-02-2011 04:08 PM

Tara? You read my mind!! I was just on my way here, thinking the very same thing.

Check out everyone before getting or buying from them.... no matter the kind of animal you are getting. A person can Never be too safe about the animals they are bringing into their homes. Cant find someone? Please ask around or start a thread asking!

Dee Anna

Nanci 12-02-2011 06:57 PM

Want to know why we keep bumping the BOI thread? Because someone here is selling snakes that have a high likelihood of dying. If you don't already know who it is- PM me. I'll hook you up with a VERY informative BOI thread! Hint- this person locks their For Sale threads so new people can't be warned.

snakewispera snr 12-02-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanci (Post 1390052)
Want to know why we keep bumping the BOI thread? Because someone here is selling snakes that have a high likelihood of dying. If you don't already know who it is- PM me. I'll hook you up with a VERY informative BOI thread! Hint- this person locks their For Sale threads so new people can't be warned.

That's good mods for you folks...
I love the BOI... It protects the honest seller....

Nanci 12-02-2011 07:20 PM

But only if people know to check it. Unfortunately, innocent buyers frequently find out after it's too late and they get screwed over by SOMEONE.

crotalis40741 12-02-2011 08:58 PM

I hope more learn to read the BIO, also I can help too if anyone needs help with the BOI. I know if I had known I would not have had the heartache and misery I had earlier this year.

MysticExotics 01-01-2012 10:05 PM

Bumping this up for newbies...be sure to check the BOI thread before buying animals!
It could save you money & heartache.

Nanci 01-07-2012 06:45 PM

One wonders why a person would lock their for sale post. Perhaps they have something to hide!

hypnoctopus 01-07-2012 10:07 PM

If you post a 'Bad Guy' thread on the BOI, you have to inform the person you're posting it about, right? But if you post a 'Good Guy' thread, do you have to inform the person?

Nanci 01-07-2012 11:11 PM

I don't believe there is a rule about informing the person you are posting about, either way. Although the BOI wolves will tear you to shreds if you don't inform someone of a Bad Guy post. But double check the rules on that, I could be wrong.