CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit-Chat Forum (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Snake Nicknames (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46505)

Nanci 02-01-2007 08:01 PM

Snake Nicknames

I had Zee (Pineapple) out tonight, and I got to wondering if anyone else has nicknames for their snakes.

Zee: Pineapple (If you don't know why, look on youtube.com for "Crocodile Hunter Meets His Match"
Inez: Devil Worm
Addy: Puff Adder, Water Cobra
Maizey: Maizilee
Choco: Chox, Chocilee, Choco Cat, Choxie (He's my favorite, so he gets the most!)

Nanci

Pet Corn Snake 02-01-2007 08:20 PM

Damien : Good Boy - The reason i call him this "all the time" is because when he was first with me, he knew he could break me, although i stayed strong and i'm 100% in control when handling him, no Squeezing me, no nipping me, no Striking with mouth closed and NO tale rattling, he just crawls around! :)

So now i call him good boy all the time, when someone says whats ya snakes name, i say Good boy :) although he is called Damien of course :)

Pet Corn Snake 02-01-2007 08:23 PM

Also, i like your nicknames, and i love you!! you have soo much niceness in you and around you, all them amazing pictures you take, it reminds me of a fairytale garden

tyflier 02-01-2007 08:40 PM

I call both of my (female) snakes "Baby Girl"...but I also call my daughter "Baby Girl".

My MBK is frequently called "Cobra Girl" because of her fondness of an upright "cobra strike" position she regularly assumes, albeit non-threateningly.

My corn is frequently called "Funny Girl" because of her inherent ability to tie herself into knots and make the funniest of faces when she looks at me after doing this. I know she hasn't the ability to actually "make faces", but she looks at me as if to say "How did I do that? Can you help me, please?" It's quite funny...

ArpeggioAngel 02-01-2007 08:46 PM

Most of mine just get nicknames that are just shortened versions of their name:
Clementine - Clem
Equinox - Quinn
Ripley - Rips
Prudence - Prue
Both Enydmion and Selene get called Psycho a lot.... and sometimes Selene gets the not nice version of "witch".
Ballantine - pretty girl, pretty baby, sweet girl (she is my little angel!).

Lennycorn 02-01-2007 09:19 PM

Nicknames for snakes??? I thinks it's bad enough that they have names.
I mean, you can't call for them or anything like that. So why you need a nickname?
O well, I guess it's me..

desertanimal 02-01-2007 09:35 PM

Nope. No nicknames for the snakes.

DaemoNox 02-01-2007 09:54 PM

My burm Mephisto I often call my Kitten; a couple others just the short version of their name.

SnakeNbake 02-01-2007 10:07 PM

Sir Killsalot is a nickname. His real name is Sebastian.
I call Sophie just plain ol Soph.
My next snake will be named' Sninja'.. He will be a stealth assassin of doom.

Greeling 02-01-2007 10:13 PM

beetlejuice is just BJ
murdoc is big guy
and i call lydia my sweet/pretty girl or "you lil sonova *bleep*" just about everytime she tries to eat my hand.

so yeah nothing especially creative