CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit-Chat Forum (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Scaleless Corns Beauty? (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146545)

Frank Pinello 05-04-2019 08:06 AM

Scaleless Corns Beauty?

Beauty is in the Eye of the beholder. Everyone has their own opinion. But the more I look at "scaleless" corns the more I prefer scaled corns. They also come from Emory bloodline (strike two!). Although very interesting they are really something I don't want in my collection.
Anyone with me?

Rich Z 05-04-2019 11:23 AM

I can't really say I was ever enthusiastic about that line. Some are rather pretty, but darn they feel just weird when you hold them. :laugh:

Twolunger 05-04-2019 01:49 PM

I think there are enough beautiful morphs in corn snakes without crossing them, but I can't blame anyone for tapping in on the $$$ that the crosses bring. It's like a friend of mine who just paid $1500 for a crossbred puppy. In my day you called that an accidental breeding due to a male dog getting access to a bitch in heat. Now they call them designer dogs. Life is too short, so if someone wants "whatever" I say go for it, but I personally don't want any.

67temp 05-05-2019 10:11 AM

I've of seen a few that were real stunners but the majority of them are just boring. I really prefer a shiney iridecent snake. It's like having a car with a flat black rattle can paint job vs a car with a nice candy color and so shiney it looks wet.

Rich Z 05-05-2019 11:13 AM

[OFF TOPIC]

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67temp (Post 1737256)
I've of seen a few that were real stunners but the majority of them are just boring. I really prefer a shiney iridecent snake. It's like having a car with a flat black rattle can paint job vs a car with a nice candy color and so shiney it looks wet.

Is that a GTO in your avatar? I had a '66 in my younger days. Red with convertible top until I had it painted blue metal flake.

Dennis Gulla 05-05-2019 12:46 PM

I don’t particularly care for them either. I just don’t like crosses.

67temp 05-05-2019 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 1737257)
Is that a GTO in your avatar? I had a '66 in my younger days. Red with convertible top until I had it painted blue metal flake.

67 tempest (base model of a gto) with a 65 GTO hood. Mine was a post car instead of hardtop. I loved that car but it just didn't get driven much

Rich Z 05-05-2019 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67temp (Post 1737260)
67 tempest (base model of a gto) with a 65 GTO hood. Mine was a post car instead of hardtop. I loved that car but it just didn't get driven much

Yeah, I noticed the hood. :)

I did some mods on my car, then drove it till after a bunch of other problems preceding it, a rod bearing decided it was done playing. Sold it for less than I paid for that Muncie M22 "Rock Crusher" transmission.