CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Meet Lord Montague Slitherington aka Monty (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146879)

Tony Van 09-19-2019 01:11 PM

Meet Lord Montague Slitherington aka Monty

5 Attachment(s)
Hiya guys, just thought I'd introduce myself and my 10 year old adventurous cornie,his name is Monty (original I know) he loves the great outdoors,we have a big garden with lots of bushes and trees for him to climb,I take him out with me when I go for a walk,most of the good folk in my area know him,he seems to like meeting people,he's a very friendly snake and doesn't seem to be phased by anything,here's a few pics of him in action :)

SnakeCreations 09-20-2019 12:50 AM

Wow! He's a pretty boy :)

Congrats!

-Tonya

hypnoctopus 09-20-2019 04:38 PM

I love his coloration. It sure is interesting to see how well a legless creature can climb, isn't it?

Tony Van 09-21-2019 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypnoctopus (Post 1739001)
I love his coloration. It sure is interesting to see how well a legless creature can climb, isn't it?

That's his favourite tree,the one he makes a beeline for,he climbed right up it last week and it was 2 hours before he came back down,normally I would go after him but I've got my arm in a splint at the moment and can't climb,I was not amused :)

Sindrik8x 09-23-2019 11:20 AM

His yellows are very interesting. Haven't seen one in a while with coloration on the face, but not so evident on the rest of the body. Pretty cool stuff. Can't wait til' my little worm is old enough for these outdoor pics.

Tony Van 09-23-2019 03:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sindrik8x (Post 1739014)
His yellows are very interesting. Haven't seen one in a while with coloration on the face, but not so evident on the rest of the body. Pretty cool stuff. Can't wait til' my little worm is old enough for these outdoor pics.

He has a yellow/white chequered belly

Tony Van 09-23-2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sindrik8x (Post 1739014)

He has a yellow/white chequered belly,I love his silvery bronze colour,it looks even better in the sunshine,he's a good looking boy,if I say so myself :)

Tony Van 09-25-2019 02:41 PM

Here he is having a slither in the grass :)

JustinOfCO 10-12-2019 10:36 AM

Wonderful snake! Fantastic coloration. Welcome to the boards. :)

liz08 06-26-2023 03:51 PM

Monty is beautiful. That's wonderful that you can let him climb.
I take Congo out to the yard. But I live in the Northwest; my trees are so bushy and 20 to 80 feet high. I am worried that he would stay up there and I couldn't get him back.
Would a snake always come back down on his own?
I have heard of firemen rescuing kittens up in trees. Don't know if they would go up after a snake?