CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mystic Exotics (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Two....wait...FOUR new Kings!! (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133041)

MysticExotics 09-22-2013 01:58 PM

Two....wait...FOUR new Kings!!

1 Attachment(s)
I've always loved this pattern type in the California Kingsnakes, & when one popped up on CL recently, I caved.
She's small for her age (going on 4 years old & only about 120 grams), she's very pretty.

I also found this male (second photo) & he will be here next week.

**I deleted the pic of the male I'm not getting.
I'm holding off on having him shipped until the first week of Oct, with my plans to move this coming weekend. I didn't want him to be stressed from being shipped out, & then get moved again.

spyderk 09-22-2013 03:28 PM

Awesome! She looks similar to my Sherlock. Do you have other Cal kings too?

Chip 09-22-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nwheather (Post 1602951)
She's small for her age (going on 4 years old & only about 120 grams), she's very pretty.

Yikes!!! She is very pretty, congrats on the pickup, though I hope the underfeeding has no adverse effects on her health. Did they never move her up from pinkies?

MysticExotics 09-23-2013 01:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by spyderk (Post 1602960)
Awesome! She looks similar to my Sherlock. Do you have other Cal kings too?

I saw your Sherlock & was thinking the same thing!!
These two are my first/only Cali Kings.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chip (Post 1602965)
Yikes!!! She is very pretty, congrats on the pickup, though I hope the underfeeding has no adverse effects on her health. Did they never move her up from pinkies?

Thanks! Well, the girl I got her from claimed she said she was feeding her adult mice, once a week or every two weeks. The thing is, as small as she is, I wouldn't be feeding her anything above a weanling.

There was a change. I saw another male that I liked better, & the breeder is sending me this male, instead of the one I pictured above.

I like the higher black.

rich333 09-23-2013 06:43 AM

Congrats on the kings!!! Might have to get myself a Cali one of these days.

Nanci 09-23-2013 07:16 AM

They are both so pretty! The male looks like a coastal- I can't tell with the female. I think a different locality.

spyderk 09-23-2013 08:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I like the new male too. I *might* be adding another Cal king this week. It'll be a male, though ... but I would love to know if you bred a female like yours to mine, would all the babies turn out that way? Sherlock's dad is a banded king and mom is an aberrant stripe with some banding.

Buzzard 09-23-2013 10:09 AM

Very nice Heather

Buzz

MysticExotics 09-23-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rich333 (Post 1603066)
Congrats on the kings!!! Might have to get myself a Cali one of these days.

Thanks! I've always loved these guys, I finally gave in & got them.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanci (Post 1603070)
They are both so pretty! The male looks like a coastal- I can't tell with the female. I think a different locality.

Thank you Nanci! I don't know anything about the localities. The male I'm buying was just listed as a designer Cali King. The female was just listed as "kingsnake" LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyderk (Post 1603073)
I like the new male too. I *might* be adding another Cal king this week. It'll be a male, though ... but I would love to know if you bred a female like yours to mine, would all the babies turn out that way? Sherlock's dad is a banded king and mom is an aberrant stripe with some banding.

I'm not sure, I am not familiar with the genetics on these guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzzard (Post 1603082)
Very nice Heather

Buzz

MysticExotics 09-23-2013 02:19 PM

Additional info on the female (also might explain why she's smaller): The girl I got her from got her from Petco, where she worked. Apparently, this little girl got out of her enclosure as a hatchling, & lived for about a year by stealing finch eggs & eating small fish at the pet store. She said there were periodic sightings of her in the store & it was a year before they caught her, then the girl took her home.