• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

breeding question

3330PHILIP

I've been studying about corn snake breeding as its something i'm interested in doing sometime.

I have a candycane female and i'm looking to buy a male to breed with her, but i'm not sure what to pair her with for colouring of the babies.

I would like pale colours, i love the blizzards i also like caramels.

As i say, this is all new for me so some good interesting suggestions would be gratefully received and appreciated.

if you breed her with an anery you'll get normals het. for amel and anery. if you breed two of them together you'll get anery's,amels and snows.

yeah,sorry i forgot about the normals,which will be het. for amel,anery or both.if you breed with a snow you'll get normals as above,amels het.anery, with all the babies there is a limited chance they will be het. for anery,because there will be more amel genes than anery.

snake5007 said:
yeah,sorry i forgot about the normals,which will be het. for amel,anery or both.
Some of the normals may be het for neither.

if you breed with a snow you'll get normals as above,amels het.anery, with all the babies there is a limited chance they will be het. for anery,because there will be more amel genes than anery.
I don't understand what you're saying here. :shrugs:

i was on about the percentage. the anery gene is there,so it's likely that some will be het. for anery or both amel and anery.please tell me if i'm wrong,because i only want to give good advice thats true. :)

Candycane (Amel for the purposes of morph prediction) x Snow (Amel + Anery)will statistically give you 100% Amels, all het for Anery.

Candycane (Amel) x Anery will give you all Normals, het Amel and Anery (Snow).

If you breed two of the Normals het Anery and Amel, statistically you will get:
25% Normal het Amel and Anery
12.50% Anery het Amel
12.50% Amel het Anery
12.50 Normal het Anery
12.50% Normal het Amel
6.25% Snow
6.25% Anery (no hets)
6.25% Amel (no hets)
6.25% Normal (no hets)

So in that second generation, visually (discounting hets) you'll theoretically get 56% Normals, 18.75% Amels, 18.75% Anerys and 6.25% Snows.

You won't be able to produce a Caramel from a Candycane. Caramel is a morph in its own right and the only way to get one, is to buy one or breed from a Caramel-based morph.

You could go for Blizzards in the second generation (a low 6.25% chance) if you go for a Charcoal (Anery B).

I'm with Mvervest - I'd find another good Candycane.

Back