CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mystic Exotics (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   A progression thread for the 2018 Miami Tessera clutch. (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146415)

MysticExotics 02-08-2019 04:52 PM

A progression thread for the 2018 Miami Tessera clutch.

5 Attachment(s)
These are from my Miami Tessera X LBR Miami produced last year.
I snapped a couple quick pics, as they ate last night, I didn't want to disturb them too much.

Balam- my favorite of the normal Miami babies, should be shedding soon, but I had to take a photo, I love his borders!

Trasque- one of my favorite of the Miami Tessera's recently shed.

Geier- another normal Miami baby that will be staying here

Mellifer - is sold, just waiting for better weather to fly to her new home.

Musai- one of the Miami Tessera's definitely staying here.

I'll add more photos of the babies in the next day or so, when I have time to take photos of all of them.

I currently have two of the normal Miami babies available (both males) but I will be adding more babies, including some Miami Tessera's for sale in a couple months.

Rich Z 02-08-2019 11:48 PM

I always really liked the Miami Phase corns. I believe that is the first "locality" type corn I worked with.

MysticExotics 02-09-2019 01:19 AM

They've been my favorite since I started in Corns, and I imagine that they will remain so.

MysticExotics 02-09-2019 01:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
A couple more to add..

Kitsune-another normal Miami I am holding onto.

Luison-one of my favorite Miami Tessera babies

Rich Z 02-09-2019 01:59 AM

I remember when I used to name my corn snakes. Of course, some of the names were more descriptive then really a "name" name. Then I started breeding them, and the ancestry record keeping got kind of sticky using such names. It really hit home when I needed to annotate the snake I had named "The $8 corn purchased in south Miami". So I then went to ID numbers instead.... :)

MysticExotics 02-09-2019 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z (Post 1736384)
I remember when I used to name my corn snakes. Of course, some of the names were more descriptive then really a "name" name. Then I started breeding them, and the ancestry record keeping got kind of sticky using such names. It really hit home when I needed to annotate the snake I had named "The $8 corn purchased in south Miami". So I then went to ID numbers instead.... :)

I give them ID numbers when they hatch, and I started doing theme names. Sometimes I only name the keepers, other clutches I name the whole clutch.

Not sure I will name the whole clutches if I have more than a couple clutches hatch this year. I'll probably stick with the ID numbers and just name my keepers

Twolunger 02-09-2019 04:47 PM

I think it's harder to sell corns that you have named, especially if you have had them for a long time. When I sold Boris and Natasha I felt bad, so now I have lavender 1, sunkissed 1, etc.

Frank Pinello 02-10-2019 11:56 AM

It may be against the rules of this forum to share some of the nicknames I named the very few nervous and nippy corns I have had in my breeding projects currently and in the past.

MysticExotics 02-12-2019 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twolunger (Post 1736399)
I think it's harder to sell corns that you have named, especially if you have had them for a long time. When I sold Boris and Natasha I felt bad, so now I have lavender 1, sunkissed 1, etc.

Whether I name them or not, sometimes it's hard to sell them regardless. LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Pinello (Post 1736406)
It may be against the rules of this forum to share some of the nicknames I named the very few nervous and nippy corns I have had in my breeding projects currently and in the past.

LOL

MysticExotics 03-08-2019 09:31 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Some recent photos I took.