CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Health Issues/Feeding Problems (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Bad/Incomplete Shed: What To Do (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56170)

connord94 02-02-2008 05:30 PM

I'm no expert but maybe a thinner cloth, which is COMPLETELY covered in water.

I'm sure nanci could give you better advice.

Cheers,
Connor

Michael luke 12-14-2008 05:54 PM

hi all, got my first ever snake lastweek. its a baby carolina corn snake. 3months old. it hides under its waterbowl 24/7 just lately!!! and i opend his viv earlia to give him a change of water, and seen his eyes were like a reali milky blue colour, does this mean he is shedding? this was about 6hours ago i noticed this. he is stil under his water bowl. what should i do just leave him? his waterbowl aint really big enough for him to move about under, thanks please write back someone

Nanci 12-14-2008 06:48 PM

If his eyes are blue, he's not ready to shed yet. Just leave him alone. Soon, his eyes will be clear, but you may not be able to find a shed. If so, he will shed in the next 24 hours or so.

Michael luke 12-14-2008 06:53 PM

ok thanks. well il doing another post here tomoro after change his water and let you kno how its going :)

a_god_s 12-14-2008 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kjay (Post 497780)
I wish all good advice came with such nice pictures! That was very helpful. Lila is just lovely. :)

What a beautiful model to work with!! Love that color!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNAKEWISPERA (Post 563257)
STICKY THIS
^^^says it all

I Second that!

If you have a large area of unshed skin to contend with this approach seems to be much less stressful than rubbing through a cloth (and much simpler!!) The snake does all the work! :)

This is very helpful advice, Thanks Nanci!!

Michael luke 12-15-2008 01:54 PM

hi all, hmm this morning my corn stil had milky eyes, but now there as gd as black again? :S he is dueto be fed. would it be ok and safe to feed him? i aint sure if he is sheddin or not? :S

Caryl 12-15-2008 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael luke (Post 746196)
hi all, hmm this morning my corn stil had milky eyes, but now there as gd as black again? :S he is dueto be fed. would it be ok and safe to feed him? i aint sure if he is sheddin or not? :S

Some eat "in blue" and some don't, but it's safest to wait, especially since this one is new to you. You can expect a shed anywhere from 7-10 days after the cloudy eyes, with occasional normal variances.

Just by the way, your posts are more likely to be taken seriously if you drop the "text talk." And welcome to the hobby!

And Nanci - what a beauty your Lila is!

KDRGM 01-28-2009 07:52 AM

Just quick question.???

wot temp should the water be and can i use a fish thermometer ( the glass 1?)?

just wandering because my amel still has skin on tip of tail :D

plz help

thanx

KEV

measley 01-28-2009 08:20 AM

I usually fill it up with room temperature water

danielle 01-28-2009 09:06 AM

What morph is lila I love her. I am guessing lavender something, but she's more than a lavender...any blood in there?