CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Feeders (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Should I feed my baby corn 2 pinkie? (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113509)

Mikesnakeares 07-05-2011 02:30 PM

Should I feed my baby corn 2 pinkie?

So today i decided to feed my 14 inch corn snake 2 pinkies. Is that bad? Because I don't want to over feed him either. I just want him grow fast And he ate them fine

K. Rene 07-05-2011 03:36 PM

Hmm, I would feed mine two prey items if I had to. As in if I didn't have the next prey size available, and only if I couldn't tell that the snake had eaten the first pinky. I feed mine once a week and they can grow as fast or slow as they like, I'm in no hurry for them to reach a certain size.

ceduke 07-14-2011 12:04 AM

I like to err on the side of feeding a little less. Less chance of a regurge or overweight snakes later.

creamsicle83 07-26-2011 04:46 PM

Its fine to do that just once or twice... but try to get the next size up, fuzzy!

AliCat37 07-26-2011 05:14 PM

Yes. You should feed him two pinkies. I'm not sure why everyone is saying not to? o.o
However, in my experience, unless you're breeding your own mice you won't be able to feed him an appropriate sized meal every time. The petstore fuzzies are HUGE compared to pinkies and may be too big for him. I usually raise my hatchlings from 1 pink, to 2 pinks, then a fuzzy, to 2 fuzzies, and then hoppers. After hoppers I just move up to adult, but I also have access to a rodent breeder and I can get small adults, then move to larger ones.

Corns&boas 07-31-2011 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AliCat37 (Post 1341854)
Yes. You should feed him two pinkies. I'm not sure why everyone is saying not to? o.o
However, in my experience, unless you're breeding your own mice you won't be able to feed him an appropriate sized meal every time. The petstore fuzzies are HUGE compared to pinkies and may be too big for him. I usually raise my hatchlings from 1 pink, to 2 pinks, then a fuzzy, to 2 fuzzies, and then hoppers. After hoppers I just move up to adult, but I also have access to a rodent breeder and I can get small adults, then move to larger ones.

I agree. But once youv don't this 2 or 3 times I'd just move up got he fuzzy.
Iv fed mine a fuzzy already. He's already on them. Can't wait for the hoppers

james 08-12-2011 06:38 PM

I agree with Alicat37 it is fine to give two pinkies that's what I did with my corn then when she was ready I moved up a food item size fuzzies then to adult . She is now coming up to three and 350g's just started her on weaning rat boy does she love them . She eats them faster then she ever did mice .

Mikesnakeares 08-12-2011 06:56 PM

Alright thanks guys!

roadkill146 05-13-2015 02:52 PM

I've had my snake about 9 months but recently my pet store has only had really tiny pinkies but my snake is pretty thin still so I don't know if I should jump to fuzzies would two be okay?

MysticExotics 05-13-2015 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadkill146 (Post 1686664)
I've had my snake about 9 months but recently my pet store has only had really tiny pinkies but my snake is pretty thin still so I don't know if I should jump to fuzzies would two be okay?

For future reference, it would be best to start your own thread, rather than post on an old one.

How much does your snake weigh?
You can feed a couple smaller prey items if there are not appropriate sized rodents available.