CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit-Chat Forum (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Whats the deal! (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88349)

Carinata 08-29-2009 12:51 AM

Like Mike said it is overbearing to see threads like "Obama this" Or "media that" everywhere

The_Thunderer 08-29-2009 01:02 AM

There's so much I want to say here... but... Nah...

LOL.

ComoxCorn 08-29-2009 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakemaster24 (Post 927423)
The reason I posted this is because I feel like there are so many other constructive things to talk about. Mabye someone could open a political sub forum?

You can simply avoid political threads. But I do think politics would fall into the General Chit-Chat category.:shrugs:

snakewispera snr 08-29-2009 03:30 AM

I don't join in the political threads, ever..... Not because I don't like them or because they don't interest me, far from it, I'm British and it's none of my business to join in....
But I do read them all, and it gives me an insight into your political minds....
Hell wouldn't you want to know why the most powerful nation on earth elects actors and halfwits to put their finger on the button..... LOL

KJUN 08-29-2009 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakewispera snr (Post 927479)
wouldn't you want to know why the most powerful nation on earth elects actors and halfwits to put their finger on the button..... LOL

China elects actors?

Hypancistrus 08-29-2009 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJUN (Post 927480)
China elects actors?

:laugh01:

Michael, I understand your points. There are a few things you need to realize. First is that with the economy the way it is, people are frustrated. I can say from my own perspective that when the economy was great and I wasn't struggling to pay a mortgage, I never thought much about the people on North Avenue who don't work for a living and get handouts from the government instead. But now I am struggling on a monthly basis to get by, and I see that and it frustrates me... sometimes it's just people venting.

The second thing is that there seems to be two main political groups here, with regards to the American members... there are the Republicans, who are well represented, and there is a HUGE number (more than I have seen anywhere else) of Libertarians, both of whom are going to have issue with a lot of things going on in America right now, politically. I get the sense that you and Ricky are most likely of a Democratic mind set... and there don't seem to be many folks here that are also of that mind set.

I can say that I personally have not noticed a decrease of threads that are NOT political in origin. I still spend as much time on this board as I have in the past, and I don't respond to all of the political threads... I am looking at photos, the week in review, answering questions in the snake-related subforums.

Rich has another site, Fauna Classifieds, that has all it's political stuff in a forum seperate from the rest of the place... however, it's got about 50 subforums of varying types which makes for a busy and sometimes fragmented style of organization. This was supposed to be about corns, and only corns, and general chit chat is where anything that is non-corn should go... that includes not just other snake photos and 18 threads about David's king rat, but lizards photos, other herps and pets, and all the rest of the topics (like politics and religion) that can't go elsewhere. It's not a system that's broken... there's no need to fix it.

glenhead 08-29-2009 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypancistrus (Post 927491)
It's not a system that's broken... there's no need to fix it.

Except spider pictures.

Fergawdsake, if there are pictures of spiders in a thread, can we please REQUIRE it be titled SPIDER PICTURES or something? I freakin' hate spiders. I've opened a couple of threads because I didn't recognize a species name or something, only to see a

SPIDER

Roy, can moderators add things to a thread title?

lesleym 08-29-2009 09:07 AM

Yes, please be careful with those spider pictures! I had to rescue Glen and Rachel (the 12-year-old) from a baby jumping spider that was in the sink yesterday.

What a couple of wimps!

Hypancistrus 08-29-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenhead (Post 927515)
SPIDER

You know I actually posted a few photos of my pets on a cat forum back in June. I, of course, included some new photos of the snakes and titled the thread "Some new pet pics." When I went back to view the thread later, I saw that someone, I am assuming a moderator, had modified my thread title so that it now said "Some new pet pics (SNAKES)"

I was mildly offended by this, but it's the websites right to set its rules. I just don't like people modifying my words and not telling me about it. The few times I felt compelled to do so as a mod on fish geeks, I always sent a PM to the person explaining my reasoning.

I personally am hella freaked out by clowns. I also think that people who post photos of clowns need to place a warning there. Perhaps political threads also should have warnings. ;)

Roy Munson 08-29-2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenhead (Post 927515)
Except spider pictures.

Fergawdsake, if there are pictures of spiders in a thread, can we please REQUIRE it be titled SPIDER PICTURES or something? I freakin' hate spiders. I've opened a couple of threads because I didn't recognize a species name or something, only to see a

SPIDER

:roflmao:

I sympathize with you, man; I really do. Just the other day I opened a thread, the title of which referred only to a species name that I wasn't familiar with. I opened it and was immediately assaulted by a pic of a zillion baby spiders. *shudder* ;)

But I have this nutty friend here who's terrified of birds, and I'm not about to edit bird-thread titles for her. (Sorry, hon. ;) )