CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corn Snake Photo Gallery (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Hurricane Motley (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145990)

Zaltys 05-23-2018 04:04 PM

Hurricane Motley

1 Attachment(s)
I just received my 1 year old Anery Hurricane Motley today!! His name is Kukulkan. He has some very light, almost pinkness to his hurricane spots, and seems quite "warm" coloured for an anery. I had an anery once (just normal anery, nuthin fancy) and he didnt have any coloures except the small yellowing under his head as he matured. Does anyone think this guy has any other morphs going on I dont know about? Like phantom or opal or something? Just curious!!! Im new to all these morphs :D

Zaltys 05-23-2018 04:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another photo

mcrowland 05-23-2018 04:45 PM

I've got a lot of catching up too! I also had a "plain" anery, found out he was het amel :)

Love that hurricane pattern! Very pretty snake you've got.

Zaltys 05-23-2018 05:18 PM

thanks!!! I forgot to mention the 2nd photo is a bit saturated in hue to show the pinkness. The 1st photo is totally natural with no enhancement. I wanted to mention that!

mcrowland 05-23-2018 05:43 PM

It will be interesting to see what Don says about it.

Please post his response. Curious minds want to know ;)

Zaltys 05-23-2018 05:49 PM

and here is his response!!! He will check to be double sure, but it looks as though Im a lucky gal gettin' this guy ;)
------------
"He was showing a tinge of pinky in the ground color, so I think that could increase, but without checking his cage label right now, I don't think he is anything more than Anery Motley. I'll check to be certain. Definitely no phantom or opal in him. I'll get back to you on that. If I hadn't kept two from the two years previous, I'd never have sold that one. Love that look, and I only get one or two from that pair of adults every year. Hence, they are definitely more than what they appear to be. How much more, I haven't bothered to find out yet. "

mcrowland 05-23-2018 09:41 PM

oh yeah! Looks like there may be more in there!

Now I'm wondering "how much more" too!

Zaltys 05-24-2018 08:40 AM

So Don got back to me and wrote this about his genetics :D

"Okay, our male is a Hurricane Motley that is possibly-het Amel (therefore, possibly het Snow) and female, 1639 is a single RedFactor copy carrier Anery Motley.
SO, this snake likely has one copy of the RedFactor gene mutation, but is otherwise only possibly het Amel. "

DeuceRon 05-24-2018 12:21 PM

That's a beauty!!

Zaltys 05-24-2018 12:23 PM

thanks!! Now Im just waiting for him to come out of his hide so I can take some shots of him in his tank or on my hand. He was quite a skittish fella, so it might be some time lol