CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Health Issues/Feeding Problems (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Zombie Cornsnake (Seriously vamped out corn) (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112583)

naruto 06-10-2011 01:31 AM

Zombie Cornsnake (Seriously vamped out corn)

So its just like the title says, i have a zombie corn. She was literally dead for a good 30mins and when i went back to check she was alive and moving but very sluggish.

Details--- *PLEASE READ*
I had her for about 2months and only got her to eat ounce, she pooped twice both nice and firm. She seems active on the regular. She drinks a lot we'll at least i catch her drinking a lot. Like when i first brought her home she drunk half the dang water.

So today in NY it hit 100f and its feeding day (we'll the day i always try), so i put her in her feeding bin, i have my ac on so things are a bit chilly, so i put a clamp lamp on her, and then she opened her mouth after me trying to get her to eat it ( i was kinding forcing it in her face constantly and she was just kind of backing away and running) and then just bite the dust...

I flipped her on her back, picked her up and she dangled, no tounge flick or anything, i even opened her mouth and tossed her around a bit and nothing. So i figured what the heck, i should try and get some experince poppin snakes before i get my other baby corns and i popped her but i did it hard being she was dead. Some yellow stuff which i assume was urates came out and i saw she is actually a she.

After that i went to dig a hole so i could burry her and when i came back she was on her stomach (i left her on her back) slithering around, i put her back in the enclosure and she burrowed, i'm really shocked at this man.... Like really she is alive, but HOW? I can assure you she was dead but now alive and her vent is swollen from me trying to pop her. My friend said to put her on news paper, keep it moist and leave her be.I have no money for a herp vet so thats out of the question, no if ands or buts, my mother does not even want me to have the snake in the first place! Oh and i have half of a pink mouse in her cage its f/t....

Can anyone please explain to me what just hapepned here, has that ever happen to anyone? WTH just happended to her?

BigByrd47119 06-10-2011 05:08 AM

Are you sure you don't have a hognose :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:?!

But seriously, I have no idea, At first I thought this was a joke. We will just have to sit back and wait for the experts...

naruto 06-10-2011 11:51 AM

I'm 100% serious, i have no idea what happen...

airenlow 06-10-2011 12:52 PM

I have so many issues with the OP, but I'm just gonna let it go...:nope:

neiman07 06-10-2011 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airenlow (Post 1319760)

Ditto! alot that was said in here bothered me also!:headbang:

naruto 06-10-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airenlow (Post 1319760)

And exactly what is that supposed to mean? Explain yourself, no need for smart little post then running off. Come on lets hear it :)!

naruto 06-10-2011 01:42 PM

So are you guys going to sit and keep posting nonsense or actually address the problem? What happen to trying to correct others mistakes, your going to keep making jokes and smart little insults or give your input?

Reptilekyle64 06-10-2011 01:47 PM

Hmmmm this is strange, I am not sure. while most of way u went about handleding her was incorrect, it would be better if the replyers posted useful information or say nothign at all >.>

neiman07 06-10-2011 01:50 PM

IM thinking you scared her so bad with the mouse while trying to get her to eat that she fainted, or that maybe she was to warm/cold!
thats what it sounds like i COULD be wrong but that's what i would think, then you proceed to flip her on her back and toss her back and forth! thats not right i dont think that needed to be done at all, if that ever happens again i think you need to put her back in her viv and see what happens give her time...

what have you done with your mouse to try to get her to eat, besides the zombie dance?!

Shiari 06-10-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naruto (Post 1319619)
She drinks a lot we'll at least i catch her drinking a lot. Like when i first brought her home she drunk half the dang water.

This suggests that your temperatures are too high.

Quote:

So today in NY it hit 100f and its feeding day (we'll the day i always try), so i put her in her feeding bin, i have my ac on so things are a bit chilly, so i put a clamp lamp on her,...

So, temps are too hot, you've got the AC on so you claim temps are now too low (my corns eat outside their bins/tanks at my room temperature even in winter... which is 65 degrees and I doubt that's how cold your house is) And then you stick a lamp close to her that is going to get massively too hot. Temperature shock.

Quote:

and then she opened her mouth after me trying to get her to eat it ( i was kinding forcing it in her face constantly and she was just kind of backing away and running) and then just bite the dust...
Also known as a fairly sure-fire method to make a hatchling NOT want to eat because you have turned yourself AND the mouse into scary monsters.

Quote:

... i even opened her mouth and tossed her around a bit and nothing. So i figured what the heck, i should try and get some experince poppin snakes before i get my other baby corns and i popped her but i did it hard being she was dead.
It can take a while to confirm a snake is dead. Tossing a snake around is liable to damage it. Popping 'hard' doesn't give you experience popping. You need to learn the correct pressure so you start light and then go more firm until you find the right strength to use. You still don't know how to pop now as applying too much pressure can result in the hemipenes not appearing as you're basically crushing them.

Quote:

I can assure you she was dead but now alive...

No you can't. You're not a vet and you didn't wait long enough and you probably had her so overheated she was in shock.

Quote:

...and her vent is swollen from me trying to pop her.
You have injured your snake due to careless actions. Your temps are likely not correct, your methods of 'encouraging' her to feed are only going to further your snake's lack of desire to eat, and now you have damaged her only route for the elimination of bodily waste products.

THESE are the problems we have.