CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Discussions about this site (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New Moderator Poll (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92973)

Rich Z 12-19-2009 10:20 AM

New Moderator Poll

OK, here it is. This poll is the list of applicants that were nominated or volunteered for the position of moderator on this site. After conferring with the current mods, a couple were stricken from the list for one reason or another. But still, thank you for volunteering.

I'm not sure how long I will let this run. I originally figured on a week, but with Christmas falling in this time period, some people may be away visiting family, or just too busy with shopping to log in here. So I may just let it run till it is apparent that everyone who is going to vote has already voted. I don't suppose there is any real emergency in this. And probably the winning nomination will be evident pretty quickly anyway.

Names were put into alphabetical order for simplicity sake.

Good luck to every one of you...

Lennycorn 12-19-2009 11:15 AM

I hope NOTA dosen't win. It would be senseless. :sidestep:

Rich Z 12-19-2009 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lennycorn (Post 1011074)
I hope NOTA dosen't win. It would be senseless. :sidestep:

I know..... But I since I advocate it's use in general elections for public office, I felt like I would be a hypocrite if I didn't use it myself here.

wade 12-19-2009 12:10 PM

Rich, Can you track it some how so each person can only vote once?

Rich Z 12-19-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wade (Post 1011112)
Rich, Can you track it some how so each person can only vote once?

Each member can only vote once. Try it and see.....

wade 12-19-2009 12:19 PM

I didn't want to try in case it went through.

wade 12-19-2009 11:31 PM

Somebody needs to post here everyonce in a while so it will show up in new posts.

vetusvates 12-20-2009 01:34 AM

I agree Wade.
I'm wondering why there have been 348 members on in the last 24 hours, and only 54 votes.
In the spirit of "the cup being half full", at least we see there are 54 regular enthusiastic supporters of the forum.

snakewispera snr 12-20-2009 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vetusvates (Post 1011607)
I agree Wade.
I'm wondering why there have been 348 members on in the last 24 hours, and only 54 votes.
In the spirit of "the cup being half full", at least we see there are 54 regular enthusiastic supporters of the forum.

Thats probably because 54 dedicated members have each checked back 6.44444444 times, to see who's in the running....;) Lol

Roy Munson 12-20-2009 03:55 AM

Bump............

Susan 12-20-2009 08:21 AM

Quote:

I agree Wade.

Since this subforum is way on the bottom of the site, I posted and stickied threads in the more popular subforums to make sure that everyone knows there is a moderator vote going on. Sure would hate to have the membership start whining after the voting is closed about not knowing about it. Now if a few members would also help make sure those stay active, I think we'll get the most members voting as possible.

ForkedTung 12-20-2009 08:59 AM

I voted! ( Rich, I didn't see the "two wolves and a sheep" option? lol )

bitsy 12-20-2009 09:10 AM

Wow - have only just seen this. I'm very honoured to have been nominated, but I'm afraid I really don't have the time I feel I'd need to do justice to a Mod role at the moment.

I don't know if it's possible to remove my name while the poll is in progress, but at least nobody has voted for me yet. Any of the other candidates would make a fantastic Mod, so I don't think anyone will miss me from the list!

Sincere thanks to the person (or people) who nominated me. Your faith in me is very much appreciated.

bekers71 12-20-2009 09:56 AM

EEEEE! It's so hard to chose cause I love them all!!! :blowhead:
I don't think doing ennie-mennie-minnie-moe would be right either. :rofl:

whippet 12-20-2009 10:20 AM

Well I went for Nanci...but only if she really wants it not because she was pressured. Because frankly a halfhearted mod who is a good person and now feels overwellmed is worse than no mod at all. But if you want it girl...you certainly deserve it!

francka 12-20-2009 11:07 AM

I vote for Nanci too, but it was a hard choice because all of the nominated persons are great.

Nanci 12-20-2009 11:14 AM

I want it. A lot!! It just seemed overwhelming, at first. Dean pretty much had to walk me step by step through everything he ever has to do, so I would understand how things worked and how I would fit into that process. Really, it is a tough field; I highly respect all of the nominees.

diamondlil 12-20-2009 11:33 AM

I'm glad you changed your mind Nanci!

vetusvates 12-20-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan (Post 1011682)
Since this subforum is way on the bottom of the site, I posted and stickied threads in the more popular subforums to make sure that everyone knows there is a moderator vote going on. Sure would hate to have the membership start whining after the voting is closed about not knowing about it. Now if a few members would also help make sure those stay active, I think we'll get the most members voting as possible.

Thank you, Susan.

I must say, the ballot is a list of some smart, wise, fair, kind, funny,...very very decent people.

medusacoils 12-20-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vetusvates (Post 1011830)
Thank you, Susan.

I must say, the ballot is a list of some smart, wise, fair, kind, funny,...very very decent people.

That's because you backed out! :sidestep:

J/K I luv ya Eric! ;)

Wayne

raynefyre 12-20-2009 12:14 PM

So many good names, I don't know which one to choose..

ZoologyGirl 12-20-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

I agree Wade.

The reason I haven't voted yet is because I've been debating, there are lots of good names to choose from, everyone would be great.

(and I feel like I'd be sentencing someone I like to their death :rofl:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanci (Post 1011797)
I want it. A lot!! It just seemed overwhelming, at first. Dean pretty much had to walk me step by step through everything he ever has to do, so I would understand how things worked and how I would fit into that process. Really, it is a tough field; I highly respect all of the nominees.

This helped me decide. I was weary to vote for you Nanci, because of the earlier hesitant thoughts. Now I know you earnestly want it, makes my decision easier.

Lucille 12-20-2009 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoologyGirl (Post 1011911)

(and I feel like I'd be sentencing someone I like to their death )

Just a thought: the people who are running are there because they are helpful anyway. Not a one is going to leave if they don't win and we'll still love them just the same.

wade 12-20-2009 01:11 PM

Well, we might not love them so much if they win.

Roy Munson 12-20-2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wade (Post 1011917)

Ain't it the truth! :grin01:

ZoologyGirl 12-20-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucille (Post 1011916)
Just a thought: the people who are running are there because they are helpful anyway. Not a one is going to leave if they don't win and we'll still love them just the same.

It's not the ones who lose I'm worried about really, it's the added stress to the one who wins.

Lucille 12-20-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoologyGirl (Post 1011924)
It's not the ones who lose I'm worried about really, it's the added stress to the one who wins.

We could do our part. We're none of us perfect, I know I am not, but we could try to not give the mods a lot of grief.

Differences of opinions are inevitable, but there are all sorts of different ways to handle those differences. We could try to make it so that we only needed a bit of guidance rather than the board equivalent of a Uzi?

Carinata 12-20-2009 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Munson (Post 1011920)

If only I ken you before you were mod:uhoh:

Asbit 12-20-2009 01:37 PM

Wow hard choice but my vote is in.

starsevol 12-20-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Aw Deano, I still luvs ya!!

Roy Munson 12-20-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakemaster24 (Post 1011944)

I'm not sure if I know exactly what you mean, but I think I catch your drift. :laugh: I don't hold any illusions concerning my chances of being elected if that vote were being held today... :nope:

By the way, I don't think it's fair that I deleted your pro-Nanci post since there have been others since. I DON'T think that campaigning should happen in this thread, but I'm not about to go deleting a bunch of posts, so please just accept my apology, David. I'll owe you one... ;)

wade 12-20-2009 01:47 PM

WOW, I have to spread some rep Deano, but you earned it there.

Carinata 12-20-2009 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Munson (Post 1011953)
I'm not sure if I know exactly what you mean, but I think I catch your drift. :laugh: I don't hold any illusions concerning my chances of being elected if that vote were being held today... :nope:

By the way, I don't think it's fair that I deleted your pro-Nanci post since there have been others since. I DON'T think that campaigning should happen in this thread, but I'm not about to go deleting a bunch of posts, so please just accept my apology, David. I'll owe you one... ;)

Apology accepted Dean.

starsevol 12-20-2009 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Munson (Post 1011953)

Aw Mr Grumpypants, I'm pretty sure I would vote for you! (well, if we needed 3 or 4 mods I'm sure you would get one of my votes anyways) :)

Kokopelli 12-20-2009 02:43 PM

I never had a run-in with Dean(or any other moderator that I'm aware of)... so I don't know why you're blabbering about you not being elected again... you're doing a good job.

Erm, I dunno, I have been a moderator for the past 3 years back home(granted we're talking about a -lot- less people).... maybe slightly more, and really... any one of the candidates can do an -amazing- job at it... I don't think anyone should feel overwhelmed...

Sometimes being patient can prove to be hard though...

As long as things are taken in perspective... I honestly believe that every single person of the people nominated can do an amazing job. Good luck to everyone!

desertanimal 12-20-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakemaster24 (Post 1011944)

If memory serves, he's become a bit more moderate in his posting since becoming a moderator. In other words, I'm not positive you would have wanted to know him then.

Roy Munson 12-20-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertanimal (Post 1012064)
If memory serves, he's become a bit more moderate in his posting since becoming a moderator. In other words, I'm not positive you would have wanted to know him then.

:roflmao: You might be onto something there, Stephanie! I think my boss feels that I still have room for further development. ;)

jesserca 12-20-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wade (Post 1011955)
WOW, I have to spread some rep Deano, but you earned it there.

Gotcha!!!!

Susan 12-20-2009 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wade (Post 1011917)

Quote:

More truthful words would be extremely hard to find! :cheers: to both of you!

medusacoils 12-20-2009 09:24 PM

Bump...... ;)