CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Breeding/Egg Production & Care (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Double clutch babies (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145394)

MysticExotics 09-17-2017 10:36 AM

Double clutch babies

3 Attachment(s)
I acquired a female Amel from a breeder friend a few months back, that had been paired with a male Tessera het for Amel.
After I got her, she double clutched, and laid 7 eggs. Three of them went full term.

I noticed the green pepper smell a few days ago, and knew they were close.
There's a Tessera (with a nice dorsal stripe and pretty cool side patterning), an Amel (looks likes some pretty nice borders), and a normal, that may have some aberrant patterning, but he/she hasn't emerged yet.

KAL-1 Tessera het Amel ph Anery Cinder
KAL-2 Amel ph Anery Cinder
KAL-3 Normal het Amel ph Anery Cinder

9/22/17- Edit to add photo of KAL-3.

I found out a it more history on the parents.
The sire was a Miami Tessera het Amel ph Cinder, out of a Miami Tessera het Cinder paired to a high white reverse Okeetee, and the dam was out of a Coral paired with an odd looking Amel male that he actually got from me a while back. I'll have to search the threads, to see if I posted photos of him.

The Tessera baby still had a small opening on the lower belly, that I'm hoping will close up and s/he will be ok.

I will post photos after they shed.

Scrappyeddie77 09-17-2017 04:59 PM

Wow KAL-2 is stunning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MysticExotics 09-23-2017 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrappyeddie77 (Post 1728742)
Wow KAL-2 is stunning

I cannot wait until these babies shed!

MysticExotics 09-23-2017 12:52 AM

I've added a photo of KAL-3. She/he has some interesting saddle markings.

I thought there would be more aberrant patterning, when I saw the neck on this one, as it was thinking about emerging.
The saddles on the back half are Cinder-ish, and remind me of some het Cinders I have had in the past. I'm thinking of holding onto these babies to test out the Cinder. There's possible Anery in there as well.

DollysMom 09-23-2017 01:59 AM

That is an interesting pattern on the neck. Looking forward to seeing them grow a bit if you hold on to them.

Scrappyeddie77 09-23-2017 07:08 PM

If you ever think about selling Kal-2 let me know

MysticExotics 09-24-2017 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DollysMom (Post 1728869)
That is an interesting pattern on the neck. Looking forward to seeing them grow a bit if you hold on to them.

I'll hang onto them for a bit. I have some Amel het Cinder snakes of both sexes I can pair with them to prove out those genes. I haven't decided if I'm going to pursue that yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrappyeddie77 (Post 1728879)
If you ever think about selling Kal-2 let me know

I will!

I will post updated pics after they shed, and as they grow.

MysticExotics 09-30-2017 01:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Unfortunately, the Tessera baby didn't make it. :( (S)he never shed, was losing weight, and in doing so, and on closer inspection, had some kinks.

I was pretty disappointed, I really liked that one!

The Amel and Normal babies both shed, and I will be offering food in a few days. I usually wait about a week or so after their first shed before offering their first meal, as I have found greater success in getting them to eat right off the bat.

The Normal baby wouldn't sit still, so not the best photo. I'll get better photos in the near future.

DollysMom 09-30-2017 03:46 PM

I'm so sorry for your little tessera. Its never easy to lose one no matter what its problems. It was really cute. I'm so glad your others are progressing. Thanks for the photo updates. They are both adorable!

MysticExotics 09-30-2017 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DollysMom (Post 1729037)
I'm so sorry for your little tessera. Its never easy to lose one no matter what its problems. It was really cute. I'm so glad your others are progressing. Thanks for the photo updates. They are both adorable!

Thank you.
Yes, it is always sad when you lose any of them.