CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   400 uses for deli cups . . . ??!! (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47297)

Drizzt80 02-18-2007 02:00 AM

400 uses for deli cups . . . ??!!

Okay, back story . . . I sent a PM to Lore once upon a time explaining a stupid mistake I had made last Spring. I ordered 400 deli cups in anticipation for the upcoming hatching season. Got the cups in and organized etc. You may or may not know the drill. Anyway, eggs started hatching, started separating baby snakes etc. Was wondering why the deli cups were getting excess condensation inside a day later . . . NO HOLES!! :eek1: Are you freaking kidding me?!?! I ordered 400 deli cups with NO HOLES!! Luckily I had about 200 cups left from the previous season so was able to 'survive' for the week it took to order in new cups WITH holes! So, long story short, what are some of your ideas for 400 deli cups with NO HOLES?!?! The wife used about 50 over the course of the summer to make ice chunks for the camping coolers, but what else?!?!

Just another misadventure in this thing I like to call LIFE!! :)
D80

Mrs InsaneOne 02-18-2007 02:22 AM

What about using them to store things like craft beads? Or you can use them to store frozen mice between meals...

I do like the ice cube one... Hmmm... if you take them outside, and there is still snow, you can use them to form small snow bricks to build a snow fort or an igloo...

Ok, you could make candles out of them by using old sheds (or if you are twisted enough small frozen pinkies) and clear candle wax or the gel candle stuff they sell.

They'd make great little forms for holding plaster of paris that you can then imprint with hands, feet, or leafs and then paint and sell them later. lol

Jenn

lefty_mussolini 02-18-2007 02:22 AM

Send them to me :)

I am going to be breeding Pyxie Frogs in the future. They can potentially produce 5,000 tadpoles and they ALL need to be seperated because they are cannibalistic.

Other than that... incubate small clutches of eggs, food storage, eat Mac n' Cheese out of them.
That's what I'd do anyway.

ArpeggioAngel 02-18-2007 02:27 AM

Buy a hole punch and punch holes in them?

El Jefe 02-18-2007 09:30 AM

Are they the 8oz deli cups? I use those for water dishes with all of my yearlings. They work great...but then you've got the lids....but I've got that solved too. Take all the lids and draw numbers 1-10 and Jack, Queen, King and make your own card deck. :sidestep:

stangs13 02-18-2007 10:18 AM

Water bowls, send them to stangs to pucn holes in them...etc.!:santa:

attackturtle 02-18-2007 10:26 AM

I bet you could make something yourself to hole them up.. Something as easy as a cheap wood ruler and then put some small nails all the way through and use that as a hammer.

Susan 02-18-2007 10:32 AM

I always buy deli cups with no holes in them as they are cheaper. I purchased a small soldering iron at Home Depot and put my own holes in them, and I can make the holes as small or as large as I want with no sharp edges.

cassandra 02-18-2007 12:01 PM

Cheesy wind chimes?

lefty_mussolini 02-18-2007 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cassandra
Cheesy wind chimes?

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

gwb8568 02-18-2007 12:49 PM

make hides by painting them
solder or drill holes to house hatchlings
put under the dirt in your garden to hold water/moisture
sale on e-bay
use for small leftovers
put nails, screws, nuts, bolts, washers in them
treat them as legos and make a killer "deli-cup" tower
nail/screw to fence posts for bird feeders (tiny holes in bottom for drainage)
sale to breeder(s) at your next expo
throw in dumpster.

galen

Tula_Montage 02-18-2007 05:49 PM

You DON'T want to know my opinion :grin01:

BUT I am the proud owner of my very own deli cup now :) Don't ask what I do with mine :sidestep:

Penman6668 02-18-2007 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tula_Montage

BUT I am the proud owner of my very own deli cup now :) Don't ask what I do with mine :sidestep:

I am just glad you found out what a deli cup is!!! :rolleyes:

bribrian 02-18-2007 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tula_Montage

Go on, i'm intrigued, what do you do with yours Elle.... :sidestep:

Blue Apple Herps 02-18-2007 06:24 PM

I've used them for mixing little bits of paint and epoxy when I'm building models and rc planes.

Tom Tuttle 02-18-2007 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bribrian
Go on, i'm intrigued, what do you do with yours Elle.... :sidestep:

Very interesting! What is it about these deli cups? :shrugs:
Maybe I don't want to know? TMI :cheers:

snakemom1961 02-18-2007 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsthompson
Very interesting! What is it about these deli cups? :shrugs:
Maybe I don't want to know? TMI :cheers:

I think you answered your own question.. TMI has to be it!... :sidestep:

Jrgh17 02-18-2007 11:12 PM

3 words: Build. A. Fort.

You know you wanna...

Lore 02-18-2007 11:28 PM

LOL!

handy chip dip cups

if popping bubble wrap is therapudic... Imagine what stomping deli cups could do for ya! :grin01:

2 deli cups, a piece of string... walk around in public with a friend and talk to eachother through them.

Save them and use them to horde all the Thanksgiving Day leftovers you can!

Clap them together Monty Python coconut style and prance around like you're riding on a horsie.

Use them to make fun Jello Jigglers.

Given time I could come up with much more... ;)

kathylove 02-19-2007 12:49 AM

Poke a hole in one, tie a string to it, and suspend it for a cheap kitty toy. Then do the same to the rest of them and sell them for lots of money on Ebay.

Drizzt80 02-19-2007 12:58 AM

I am so excited that this thread has gone further than I ever thought it would!! I don't feel like such an idiot now for making a such a hair brained mistake. I know I don't have the patience to poke holes in 400 cups, so I am really having fun envisioning some of your wonderful ideas!! :crazy02:

Thanks, and keep them coming! :grin01:
D80

PS. Hmmm, contest idea? Post a picture of your best deli-cup idea in action . . . :cool:

Lore 02-19-2007 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drizzt80

PS. Hmmm, contest idea? Post a picture of your best deli-cup idea in action . . . :cool:

LOL! That would be an awesome contest... however my favorite of my suggestions would involve posting video :grin01:

CaptBogart 02-19-2007 11:12 AM

Fill them up with different amounts of water and use them as a giant Xylophone...

Giant Jello shots...

Target practice.... Pull!

Sell them on EBay as display cases...

Paint them green and hand them out as St Patrick's Day hats...

Toss them in the yard, call the media, and tell them you were the victim of a drive-by deli cupping...

Hand them out to street performers to hold their change...

mbdorfer 02-19-2007 12:27 PM

Open a Potato Salad & Cole Slaw stand in front of your house :grin01:

Better check the zoning laws first!

TandJ 02-19-2007 12:31 PM

Put some greasy American pizza in them and send it to Elle.. ? *lol* :sidestep:

Leave them on a shelf close to your hatchlings as a reminder to order deli's with holes..

Start breeding Betta fish..

Paint them red and hang a gold tassle off them, and sell them to the local Shriners as surplus hats..

Donate them to the local Elementary school, so the Kindergarteners can use them for finger painting..

And the beat goes on...

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Blue Apple Herps 02-19-2007 12:47 PM

Go to an empty parking lot or someplace very remote. Put it on the ground. Fill it half way with powder chlorine that you use for a pool. Fill it the rest of the way with brake fluid. Quickly cover with the lid, then run 20 ft away and watch the chemistry magic unfold before your eyes!

jazzgeek 02-19-2007 12:48 PM

Bundle them in groups of three, and sell them as "Shell Game Kits".

regards,
jazz

jazzgeek 02-19-2007 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbdorfer
Open a Potato Salad & Cole Slaw stand in front of your house :grin01:

Did someone say Potato Salad? :eek1:

regards,
jazz

westexherps 02-19-2007 02:32 PM

We use them as water bowls....Weston goes to Lowe's buys PVC pipe coupling things..???? they work as the base, then just put in the deli cup....and then we can dispose of them as we need to.....little lazy but it works for us!

Lore 02-19-2007 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzgeek

regards,
jazz

LOL! OMG... that was Hilarious & Amazing all at the same time! Dayum... those are some bendy chicks. :eek1:

mbdorfer 02-19-2007 05:39 PM

A few more that occurred to me today (it was slow at work) :grin01:

Fill them with small rubber snakes, frogs, etc. Make battery operated mobiles and sell them on Ebay, what herp lovin' Mama wouldn't want one of those for her new bundle of joy!

Fill them with aspen or sani chips, mark the lids with a ? and set them on your table at the next expo. Watch them disappear.

Construct the world's tallest free standing deli cup tower. Call "The book of records" people, not the brewers. :cheers:

Shade 02-19-2007 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazzgeek

regards,
jazz

That's totally going to give me nightmares now.

snake5007 02-21-2007 02:13 PM

You could use them for.....erm......stool samples? :sidestep: :grin01:

Do you go fishing? You could use them to breed flies and to keep maggots in. :shrugs:

Mrs InsaneOne 02-21-2007 02:18 PM

I thought of a couple more...

Use them to store your rock collection (or start a rock collection! lol)
Give them to the neighborhood kids and say their specialy designed mud cake forms.
Tie them to your feet as use them as mini-stilts - sell them to people as such.
If you have guppies, use them to hold the fry to prevent the bigger fish from eating them.
Or, you could string several of them together and hang several strands of them from doorways like the beaded screens/curtains.

Jenn