CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chit-Chat Forum (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Whats the deal! (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88349)

snakewispera snr 09-03-2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy Munson (Post 932582)
Voicing an opinion is one thing. A member taking it upon themselves to create a thread soliciting mod applications is another. I didn't have a big problem with Mike voicing his opinions in this thread, and he was at no risk of discipinary action for doing so. But the thread he posted was inappropriate, and there WILL be consequences for anyone who tries it again.

So how could I complete my bet to find five applicants without advertising????
TBH... As I pressed send I thought... 'you just stepped in doo up to your neck Mike, you stupid......... B...... '
But I couldn't do much about it at that point.......

mike17l 09-03-2009 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakemom1961 (Post 932563)
So, in your opinion Mike isn't allowed to voice his opinion? He wasn't bad mouthing the mods, just looking for others to apply. After what I've seen in this post alone I can't blame him for wanting some new blood here to maybe be able to be neutral on threads. That's just me and my opinion, and I know my opinion means nothing to anyone but me.

Did the rules of the site change? Are mods not allowed to their own opinion?

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakemom1961 (Post 932563)
But that's the great thing about this site. We are allowed(or so I thought) to voice our opinions so long as we didn't break the rules.

But mods are not?

wade 09-03-2009 09:52 AM

I don’t see any problem with expressing your dissatisfaction with a mod. I don’t see a problem with pointing out that a mod has crossed the line or broken the rules. I guess my complaint with Mike was when he opened it up for applications for the new mod position. I don’t think it is his place to remove old mods or hire new ones.

As for freedom of speech, when I disagree with you that doesn’t mean that I am denying you the right to say what you want. I fully defend your right to babble any kind of nonsense. I just don't agree with what you are saying.

snakemom1961 09-03-2009 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike17l (Post 932589)
Did the rules of the site change? Are mods not allowed to their own opinion?

But mods are not?

In my opinion mods should be lead by example. The examples I've seen lately have been pretty poor. This use to be a place I loved to come to to unwind in the mornings after work and was a place I didn't mind my kids coming to.
To be honest I"m not finding it very enjoyable when we see the mods themselves using profanity and giving their racist opinions for all to see.

Do mods have a right to voice their opinions? I guess I feel they can't wear 2 hats and either wear the hat of a mod or not.

But that is just my opinion and you can agree or not(I already know the answer). But that's ok, because I"m not a mod and I don't feel I have to lead by anyones example. Just as along as I don't say something that will affect my kids, I'm alright with voicing my opinion.

diamondlil 09-03-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakemom1961 (Post 932592)
In my opinion mods should be lead by example. The examples I've seen lately have been pretty poor. This use to be a place I loved to come to to unwind in the mornings after work and was a place I didn't mind my kids coming to.
To be honest I"m not finding it very enjoyable when we see the mods themselves using profanity and giving their racist opinions for all to see.

Do mods have a right to voice their opinions? I guess I feel they can't wear 2 hats and either wear the hat of a mod or not.

But that is just my opinion and you can agree or not(I already know the answer). But that's ok, because I"m not a mod and I don't feel I have to lead by anyones example. Just as along as I don't say something that will affect my kids, I'm alright with voicing my opinion.

I'm pretty much in agreement with you there, I don't feel anyone, moderator or not should be using profanity or spouting bigotry on here.

wade 09-03-2009 10:01 AM

I don’t think mods need to be an example. I do think they need to abide by the same rules as everyone else. I think if they don’t, we are all free to point that out to them and complain if we feel that is appropriate. I don’t see that anyone here is above the rules, unless maybe it’s Rich.

snakewispera snr 09-03-2009 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wade (Post 932590)
I don’t see any problem with expressing your dissatisfaction with a mod. I don’t see a problem with pointing out that a mod has crossed the line or broken the rules. I guess my complaint with Mike was when he opened it up for applications for the new mod position. I don’t think it is his place to remove old mods or hire new ones.

As for freedom of speech, when I disagree with you that doesn’t mean that I am denying you the right to say what you want. I fully defend your right to babble any kind of nonsense. I just don't agree with what you are saying.

I wasn't removing old mods to hire new ones.... I was asking who would like to apply to be a mod....
Susan said I couldn't find three to do it.... I said I bet I could find five to do it....
How was I supposed to win my bet? Knock and ask my neighbours if they wanted the job.... LOL
No, to win the bet I needed Five applicants off here..... Simple as that....
You would have to be a half wit to believe I could Hire or fire, we all know thats Rich's job and I didn't see his name anywhere near the thread.... Did you?

diamondlil 09-03-2009 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakewispera snr (Post 932597)
I wasn't removing old mods to hire new ones.... I was asking who would like to apply to be a mod....
Susan said I couldn't find three to do it.... I said I bet I could find five to do it....
How was I supposed to win my bet? Knock and ask my neighbours if they wanted the job.... LOL
No, to win the bet I needed Five applicants off here..... Simple as that....
You would have to be a half wit to believe I could Hire or fire, we all know thats Rich's job and I didn't see his name anywhere near the thread.... Did you?

Maybe you asking who would like to be a mod on here was a question that ruffled feathers, Mike.

wade 09-03-2009 10:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks to me like Mike's taking applications. What do you think?

snakemom1961 09-03-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamondlil (Post 932601)
Maybe you asking who would like to be a mod on here was a question that ruffled feathers, Mike.

That it did. Heaven forbid we ask for something new and interesting around here. And not saying we want to get rid of the old.