CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Feeders (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Where do you buy mice? (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145773)

jautumn75 03-01-2018 08:28 PM

Where do you buy mice?

Just received an online order of mice and I'm not that impressed. So I was wondering, where do all of you get your mice? I'd like to find a supplier that vacuum seals their bags.

Dragonling 03-02-2018 01:34 AM

I am pleased with Perfect Prey myself. I also like Layne Labs a lot, but shipping to Ohio is expensive.

Twolunger 03-02-2018 10:41 AM

I've dealt with most rodent suppliers over the years and found Mice Direct and Perfect Prey to have quality mice available. However, I'm a sale buyer, meaning when mice are on sale I stock up my rodent freezer. This isn't usually feasible for those with one or two snakes. What I have done in the past, when I needed day old pinkies, was buy one or two pregnant mice from the local pet shop. I wait until the litters are born and keep them, saving the adult mice for my large corns. You can also give them away as pets if you don't need them. It's way cheaper than having frozen rodents shipped in quantities you really don't need. Another option is visiting your area reptile shows. Rodent suppliers are usually selling their items at the shows.

obboi34 03-28-2018 11:30 AM

I get all of mine from a local show. I like it because I can directly inspect the product to find the size that I need. At the end of the day, shipping would cost as much as the entrance and travel fees for me.

Nanci 03-28-2018 02:34 PM

I like Big Cheese the best. I don't like Mice Direct- I've had broken bags with mice spilled all over the container.

corn_snake_lover 03-28-2018 09:41 PM

if frozen mice is what you looking for

www.laynelabs.com/‎

i ordered 50 large pinkies because the petstores in dfw area only sell 0.5 pinkies lol and my snake is not big enough for fuzzies the shipping is very expensive the pinkies cost me 15 dollar and 35 for the shipping with fedex but they arrived salad frozen but now i have enough pinkies now for a year lol just order enough to last you a while.

DollysMom 03-29-2018 03:53 PM

I have found Layne Labs to be the best. I just got another order and the mice look and smell perfect. I did try Big Cheese and though the mice looked decent, I ultimately had some problems with them that I won't go into since I can't beyond a doubt prove it was the mice.

lilliebell19 04-03-2018 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jautumn75 (Post 1731819)
Just received an online order of mice and I'm not that impressed. So I was wondering, where do all of you get your mice? I'd like to find a supplier that vacuum seals their bags.

My local pet shop sells mice and there good quality too, maybe try your one. Just ask at the counter🖤

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hypancistrus 05-20-2018 11:46 AM

I used to use either Big Cheese or American Rodent Supply. I’ve now found a local supplier that comes to MD every other week from a neighboring state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frank Pinello 05-20-2018 08:00 PM

I use perfect prey so far this year and been satisfied with quality and packing. Fortunately I live only about 10 miles away from them and I do pick up about every other month. No shipping fees!