CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Other Animals and Related Items For Sale (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   NOTICE!!! - Check the BOI! (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117121)

Rich Z 09-25-2002 12:04 PM

NOTICE!!!

Anyone considering making a purchase from someone posting an ad in this forum is STRONGLY suggested to check out the Board of Inquiry before sending off your money to someone you don't know.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Simon 09-25-2002 12:30 PM

Totally agreed!!!
I personally had one experience (even though not a corn snake....) but I paid and the person said that he shipped the snake out....and I have never heard of anything from it again.....
Jim knows about this.....and it's now.....more than......3 weeks since I have heard about the snake again....if he did ship...then I would assume that the snake is already dead.....or else he never shipped it out.....
I mean I would prefer that he didn't ship it out....if this is the case....
sorry just had to type this out....cause its really getting into my nerves...

Rich Z 10-03-2002 02:20 AM

That's the purpose of the Board of Inquiry. Maybe you will not get resolution to your problem, but you darned well might save someone else the grief by making the facts and name public.

This sort of thing impacts us all. I've started the ball rolling. Now all it needs is participation by as many people as possible. If the majority of the people use this tool, it will be extremely difficult for someone to pull a scam too long before being called out on it.

Ares 10-04-2002 12:33 AM

Hey Rich...

I never bought any snakes which had to be shipped, so obviously have never had any of the problems that might come along with it. But just out of curiousity I went to check out the BOI and man that was some good reading!!! Im not trying to make fun of or joke around about any of the inquiries because its serious business, but some are really really interesting!! I spent about a half hour reading about the con artist Jennifer Curran, I know its none of my business and you dont have to answer if you dont want but just out of curiousity did you hear anything back from her so called "mother" after that last e-mail??? Also checked out the "Please help me" by realvenum, that was interesting, funny and confusing all at the same time. Cool to see how much you can tell about a person just by the way they write, can even tell when they're not telling the truth!! Great detective work by Darin Chappell at picking out the lies, that was classic!! Lee didn't know what hit em! hehe

Anyways enough rambling for now, but I just wanna end off by saying that I think the BOI is a great idea!

Chip 02-18-2003 07:01 PM

Rich: I tried the BOI link and it said 404 not found. Just thought you'd want to know.

CowBoyWay 02-18-2003 10:34 PM

watts of whiley whaskels out there

Here you go elrojo "The Original Board of Inquiry" link for ya :)
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...?s=&forumid=13

Con men have always been attracted to livestock sales through the centuries.
Wide eyed drooling customers...
(motivated buyers, they want it now)
...with a fist full of cash = easy pickens for an ethically challenged slick talker... who will be more than happy to tell you what you want to hear as long as you quickly send money... but doesn't accept U.S. Postal money orders for some reason and doesn't want funds mailed U.S.P.S. either... hmmm, Postal Fraud Investigators can be a real pest to a mail fraud evildoer / thief, it just might have something to do with it.

The secret to success is to check the B.O.I., BEFORE sending off ones money.
Never done this kind of thing online buyers may want to stick with an old reliable, established, well known breeder, if nothing else to see what nice snakes and a properly packed shipment should look like.
I have had a person assure me that proper packing is no problem, sure I can toss in a heat pack for ya, what the heck, not a problem..., only to find out on receiving ones chilled snakes (they're fine) that it becomes apparent that the person decided to save themselves a buck. They looked out the window and it looked like a nice day to them...

Live and learn, with me overnight express shipments always take two days, I've come to accept that, but thats when proper packing procedures become critical to the health and safety of the in transit Corn Snake.

Yep, The B.O.I. makes for some interesting reading.
So many scams and so little time with some of these guys.
Low lifes have been known to pull the dead snake out of the freezer and throw into a box and ship cross country to his unsuspecting new customer, "oh you wanted a live arrival guarantee, gosh I don't give those."
It never ends, they pass the genes on to their children;)

:mad::D

eddie 02-27-2004 05:39 AM

???

i tried both links and none of them brought me to the boi. was this deleted?

Skye 02-27-2004 09:14 AM

Does this one work?

Board of Inquiry

Skye

eddie 02-27-2004 10:50 AM

no it brings me to the online petion for the snake shipping....

Darin Chappell 02-27-2004 12:41 PM

Here's the link to the BOI. Have fun reading it, but just remember that it is a valuable tool, when used correctly, and a big headache when it's abused.

:eek:

Skye 02-27-2004 01:45 PM

I'm sure I posted the same link as you did Darin, and they both work for me. Maybe it is because I am a registered member of faunaclassifieds? Maybe you need to register first Eddie?

Skye

Rich Z 02-27-2004 01:56 PM

Quote:

Rich: I tried the BOI link and it said 404 not found. Just thought you'd want to know.
Ack! OK, I fixed that original link. That original one went back to when I was using iKonboard for my message board software.

Here is is again, just in case:

The BOI on FaunaClassifieds

And yes, you will need to be registered on FaunaClassifieds in order to be able to access the BOI there.

Sorry about that....

snakerake 05-21-2004 06:25 PM

whats boi stand for.

starwarsdad 05-21-2004 06:48 PM

Board of Inquiry

snakerake 05-21-2004 10:21 PM

ok thinx

KMarie 09-17-2004 06:13 PM

link won't work

Do you need to be a member of Fauna Classifieds before you can view it? The only thing the link brought up said: Announcement: Classified ads user control panel added! by webslave

I really wanted to read some of those, too... :cry:

Traci1 09-17-2004 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMarie
Do you need to be a member of Fauna Classifieds

yep, you should register. It's worth it. I have used the BOI quite a bit.

rayray 02-14-2005 06:46 PM

I've tried using the boi and im havin trouble gettin newhere on it lol. The link works but i guess im not sure on what to do with all of it lol. Well newayz if neone can help thankz.

DAND 02-14-2005 06:52 PM

What do you need help with? Are you looking up someone in particular?

stormi 09-17-2005 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Z
Anyone considering making a purchase from someone posting an ad in this forum is STRONGLY suggested to check out the Board of Inquiry before sending off your money to someone you don't know.

Better to be safe than sorry.

Thats tellin it like it is :crazy02:

cornsnake_kidz 08-13-2006 03:20 AM

PAYPAL FTW file a claim and get your $$ back.

TandJ 08-13-2006 10:48 AM

Cornsnake kidlet.. The thread is over 2 years old.. Must resist to responding to a 2 yr old thread.. I must. *lol*

Regarsds.. Tim of T and J

SnakeNbake 02-02-2007 03:16 AM

Thanks for the link to the BOI, Rich. I've been reading it over the past few days and I gotta tell ya, some of the people there scare the crap out of me with their intelligence and ability to find out a lot of personal information on pretty much anyone.

I can already imagine how it would go if I ever ended up having to defend myself there:

Them: "You can't hide from us! We know EVERYTHING! We know you wet the bed as a kid, sometimes drink straight from the apple juice container instead of getting a glass, once tried to sell your younger brother for two sticks of gum and a G.I Joe figurine, failed algebra twice, and have a crush on the Kool-aid man. What is your response to these accusations?"

Me: "D'oh!"

Them: "You should probably get a lawyer, but according to your most recent bank statements, you can't afford one."

Me: "D'OH!"

DAND 02-02-2007 05:19 AM

Great post!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnakeNbake
Thanks for the link to the BOI, Rich. I've been reading it over the past few days and I gotta tell ya, some of the people there scare the crap out of me with their intelligence and ability to find out a lot of personal information on pretty much anyone.

I can already imagine how it would go if I ever ended up having to defend myself there:

Them: "You can't hide from us! We know EVERYTHING! We know you wet the bed as a kid, sometimes drink straight from the apple juice container instead of getting a glass, once tried to sell your younger brother for two sticks of gum and a G.I Joe figurine, failed algebra twice, and have a crush on the Kool-aid man. What is your response to these accusations?"

Me: "D'oh!"

Them: "You should probably get a lawyer, but according to your most recent bank statements, you can't afford one."

Me: "D'OH!"

Thanks for the laugh. I post both here and there (Fauna) and it is amazing how different the two are in some aspects yet similar in others. I enjoy participating on both sites. The BOI is a great source of information that should be utilized to gather and/or share information.

doovoo 02-02-2007 01:01 PM

Funny, our data indicates that you failed Algebra on three consecutive attempts, not just the two.

Nice try...

:)

JM :o) 02-02-2007 02:19 PM

LOL! Thanks~ I needed that laugh!
You should post it over on Fauna! (in the Just for Laughs forum) LOL!

SnakeNbake 02-02-2007 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doovoo
Funny, our data indicates that you failed Algebra on three consecutive attempts, not just the two.

Nice try...

:)

Uh...I...uh...was just testing you. Yeah, that's it!

D' :sidestep: oh!

ixcounterfeitxi 04-15-2007 10:31 PM

I had a guy try to sell me a Tangerine Milk with Mites for $120, claiming it wouldnt take much to take care of the mites and that it was an amzing deal.

sprdonkey 04-16-2007 12:58 AM

Tangerine milksnakes...

I would be thinking about how I could kick that guys fannie just on general principle...Plus he's not very nice! Poor snake. :flames:

greathunter22 05-17-2007 11:22 AM

greathunter22

i love the snake bro butit wont fit into our program sorry maybe ext time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corn Snakies 02-26-2009 04:25 PM

Hey, i've gotten bad news these past few months and now I have to sell my corn snake. I've no clue where to sell it *(cant sell on ebay, and this is a small town which isn't very fond of snakes) so now I need account verification of doing so (an addition?) I can't seem to access the page to receive permission to sell, and I don't want my snake to starve obviously (It's the type of situation I only have a few mice left) I hate to let it go, but I do need a place to post and sell my snakie... o_o
Also this recession is becomming an issue.
So how can I achieve the status to sell my snake before food supply becomes any lower? I really expected to keep my snake for many years, too. :O HGuahhhh... I have pictures, an ebay account, a paypal account, dates of feeding, and i'm looking for help as to how to ship my corn snake VIA post? I've never shipped an animal before.

Well hope for some help. Thank you. I can obviously purchase mice from a store far away for some mice, but it would kind of be a hassel. It's kind of pronto.

danielle 02-26-2009 04:30 PM

Try your local humane society. Only fed-ex will allow you to ship snakes and I believe you must be certified to do so anyway. Your local humane society can take the snake and/or contact snake rescues in the area.

Khaman 02-27-2009 03:56 AM

You have to be a paid contributor to sell in the classified area of the site.

Corn Snakies 02-27-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khaman (Post 803796)
You have to be a paid contributor to sell in the classified area of the site.

Considering one cannot pay for food to feed the snake and trying to find a good home (don't like the idea of a humane society) this site has been in the dumps =( why pay to sell. Anyways I'm looking elsewhere, this site isn't the way it was. -wave-

mike17l 02-27-2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corn Snakies (Post 804024)
Considering one cannot pay for food to feed the snake and trying to find a good home (don't like the idea of a humane society) this site has been in the dumps =( why pay to sell. Anyways I'm looking elsewhere, this site isn't the way it was. -wave-

The way it was? As far as I remember, you have always had to be a paid member to post for sale ads. :shrugs:

Good luck finding a forum with more members and/or more helpful members and/or more knowledgeable members. :headbang:

Drizzt80 02-27-2009 12:17 PM

Quote:

Don't let the door hit ya! I pay to sell my snakes. I don't feel sorry for you. Welcome to the real world of responsiblity.

D80

jpccusa 02-27-2009 12:48 PM

There are a few members here from Michigan. They might be able to take the snake out of your hands. The humane society would be another good place to ask for help. And "considering one cannot pay for food to feed the snake and trying to find a good home" you should be giving the snake for free and not trying to sell it. Just MHO.

tricksterpup 02-27-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Considering one cannot pay for food to feed the snake and trying to find a good home (don't like the idea of a humane society)

Try the humane society, they will more than likely contact your local herp society to pick up the animal and then they would adopt it out.

Here are a few sites to try.
http://www.michherp.org/main1.html

And here is a list of Rescues and other societies for Michigan.
http://www.anapsid.org/societies/mich.html

Quote:

this site has been in the dumps =( why pay to sell. Anyways I'm looking elsewhere, this site isn't the way it was. -wave-
I find this rather rude. I have been here as long as you have and I really do not think this site is in the Dumps? What is so wrong about it?

El Jefe 02-27-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Considering one cannot pay for food to feed the snake

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corn Snakies (Post 803416)
I can obviously purchase mice from a store far away for some mice, but it would kind of be a hassel.

So which is it? Are you poor and having money troubles or is the real problem the hassel involved in taking care of your pet properly?

If you are willing to give the snake away for free, you might have more options but a normal adult is not a very highly sought animal.

reptile_jones 02-27-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corn Snakies (Post 803416)
Hey, i've gotten bad news these past few months and now I have to sell my corn snake. I've no clue where to sell it *(cant sell on ebay, and this is a small town which isn't very fond of snakes) so now I need account verification of doing so (an addition?) I can't seem to access the page to receive permission to sell, and I don't want my snake to starve obviously (It's the type of situation I only have a few mice left) I hate to let it go, but I do need a place to post and sell my snakie... o_o
Also this recession is becomming an issue.
So how can I achieve the status to sell my snake before food supply becomes any lower? I really expected to keep my snake for many years, too. :O HGuahhhh... I have pictures, an ebay account, a paypal account, dates of feeding, and i'm looking for help as to how to ship my corn snake VIA post? I've never shipped an animal before.

Well hope for some help. Thank you. I can obviously purchase mice from a store far away for some mice, but it would kind of be a hassel. It's kind of pronto.

Were in MI are you? Their are a few reptile shows that you could take it to.

http://www.michiganreptileshow.com/

I don't remember were the other one is. It is small with about 12 venders or less. I have never went to it. To far of a drive for so few venders.