CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Breeding/Egg Production & Care (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   My first lock (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146366)

67temp 01-07-2019 08:43 PM

My first lock

2 Attachment(s)
She has been out of brumation for close to a month now and has been in blue for the past 5 days and just went clear. We have a front coming through with the chance of snow so I figured it was worth a shot putting them together. The male has been pacing his tank a lot recently. This is my first attempt at breeding. The male is het charcoal and anery so I'm hoping the female proves to have some hets.

SnakeCreations 01-08-2019 12:23 AM

How exciting! Congrats!

Tonya

Twolunger 01-08-2019 07:56 AM

That's a beautiful pair even if they didn't have hets.

67temp 01-08-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twolunger (Post 1735923)
That's a beautiful pair even if they didn't have hets.

I can't wait for my next pair to be ready to be put together. The babies should be a little more interesting than just amels.

67temp 01-17-2019 05:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was out of town for a few days. Even in blue he's still getting the job done. The pair is now up to 4 locks

67temp 02-11-2019 07:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It's always the ones you look forward to breeding the most that gives you the hardest time. These two just wanted to cuddle.

Jenn-675 02-20-2019 09:40 AM

Good luck with them those are going to be some very nice offspring. I must ask what the gray and yellow morph is called, it is beautiful!

67temp 02-20-2019 12:00 PM

Thank you. He is a honey bloodred Miami. The honey is caramel and sunkissed combined.

I'm hoping for some nice Miami okeettees het caramel, sunkissed, bloodred to hold back for the start of a project with the end goal to look like a manderian rat snake.

Next year he is getting paired with a honey with similar genes, a caramel Miami with similar genes, and a honey tessera if she hits a growth spurt. Honey Miami tessera will probably be pretty cool looking.

albinoscooby 02-20-2019 12:40 PM

Beautiful snakes...The first lock is always the most exiciting lol. Those are the first few I owned. The amel gene is a good one to have. Try to lightly spray them with some mist...it helps with the pheromones in the air

67temp 03-11-2019 10:13 PM

I'm still learning and pretty sure I know the answer to this but will two females ever attempt to lock? I've heard of two males attempting to before.

Also will a female ever twitch, mount, or tail flag another?

The okeettee posted above was sold to me as a female. I probed it as a deep female or a very shallow male. I've tried multiple males with it and got no action. Just for kicks I tried the amel female that already laid a clutch. The okeettee didn't waste much time before attempting to court her.