• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Just a thought on measuring a snake

Scrappyeddie77

I was thinking of a simple way to get a measurement. I usually just have them crawl against a wall but I have an idea of a clear tube that I will put inch marks on and have the snake go into it. Has anyone tried this or a better idea. Let me know I am always willing to learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The issue with measuring sheds is that they stretch. So the shed is going to be longer than the actual snake.

I usually just measure the shed. My last one was just over 4ft. I just guess that he's somewhere close to 4ft.

It's certainly not an exact science, but then again, I'm not measuring him for a Tux

I usually just measure the shed. My last one was just over 4ft. I just guess that he's somewhere close to 4ft.

It's certainly not an exact science, but then again, I'm not measuring him for a Tux

Haha! Too funny :eek:k_01:

I rarely try to measure my snakes, rather I measure growth by weight. After a while you will get the hang of estimating length versus weight, and what looks okay. When my snakes start to look thick, and maybe a little squishy, I'll typically cut back on size or increase the time between feeds and handle a bit more. They all grow at different rates, it's not an exact form of measurement, but it works for me.

Good luck!

-Tonya

Back