CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mystic Exotics (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124)
-   -   Carpet Pythons (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113258)

hypnoctopus 08-21-2013 02:34 PM

Beautiful pictures! I love carpets, and I'm torn between getting one of these guys or a dumerils boa in the future. The carpets have such a nice pattern and I like how they're fairly slender, but I would want to make sure that whichever one I got had a great temperament.

solo1979 08-21-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypnoctopus (Post 1595526)
Beautiful pictures! I love carpets, and I'm torn between getting one of these guys or a dumerils boa in the future. The carpets have such a nice pattern and I like how they're fairly slender, but I would want to make sure that whichever one I got had a great temperament.

Carpet OR Dumeril's? Wait, we're only supposed to have one? Oops!

I'm a carpet girl, mostly Heather's fault. But another carpet friend sent me a baby Dumeril's with my carpet order last year. Absolutely awesome snake. So if you can only choose one, either choice will be a good one.

MysticExotics 08-21-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypnoctopus (Post 1595526)

Thank you!! I'd say go for the Carpet Pythons, but I'm biased. Boas do nothing for me.
I'm not a fan of any of the bigger snakes, actually. Carpets are the biggest I'll own.

For temperment, almost all babies tend to be bitey, in general, with the exception of Inlands. Jungles tend to be more snarky even as adults, especially Zebras.
Coastal can go either way. Tiger Coastals tend to be bitey.
IJ's tend to mellow out with age, & they stay smaller of the Carpets.

My absolute favorites are Inlands & Granite IJ's.

MysticExotics 08-21-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by solo1979 (Post 1595527)
Carpet OR Dumeril's? Wait, we're only supposed to have one? Oops!

I'm a carpet girl, mostly Heather's fault. But another carpet friend sent me a baby Dumeril's with my carpet order last year. Absolutely awesome snake. So if you can only choose one, either choice will be a good one.

Hehe...yeah, I am kinda responsible for your Morelia addiction, huh?

solo1979 08-21-2013 03:36 PM

Just a little bit.

ratsncorns 08-22-2013 03:35 PM

An inland is definitely on my list. I almost got one last year but the price was hefty since there are so few in captivity. I figured I would wait a few years. They are desirable to me because of their small size and temperament.

MysticExotics 09-16-2013 11:23 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ratsncorns (Post 1595828)
An inland is definitely on my list. I almost got one last year but the price was hefty since there are so few in captivity. I figured I would wait a few years. They are desirable to me because of their small size and temperament.

I love, love, love my Inlands!
The first one is my wee one from Justin Julander, the other three are a 1.2 from Nick Mutton.

They have a fabulous temperment! I love their coloring too.

ratsncorns 09-17-2013 10:49 AM

Maybe I can borrow one of yours just for fun? LOL

MysticExotics 09-17-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratsncorns (Post 1601727)
Maybe I can borrow one of yours just for fun? LOL

Haha! Nope, not letting mine go anywhere. But I know where you can get them ;)

Alicia P 02-20-2014 10:57 PM

Love, love all the pictures in this thread!!