CornSnakes.com Forums

CornSnakes.com Forums (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The "Pinkest" Morph? (https://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146489)

xStaticSnow 03-30-2019 03:57 PM

The "Pinkest" Morph?

Recently I saw a photo of a Red Factor Snow that was just insanely pink... ever since then I can't get it out of my mind that I want to find the pinkest snake possible for my next addition. Looking at photos of morphs online is proving a little difficult because I have a suspicion some of the photos of snakes with super intense coloration have had their contrast and saturation upped in editing. I was wondering if anyone here has a more objective knowledge of which morphs/lines tend to be the pinkiest snakes (and keep as much pink into adulthood as possible). I've loved Coral Snows for a long time and I'm familiar with Bubblegums and Peppermints. I stopped keeping corns for probably 7 or 8 years and I'm guessing the Red Factor gene came into play while I was away from the hobby, because I don't remember seeing it around before?

Also, of all the possible pink morphs, are there any you would think are more likely to be available at an expo? I have a local expo coming up in May and I'm hoping I can find the perfect snake to pick up while I'm there... we'll see how that works out :)

Twolunger 04-01-2019 02:12 PM

I love the pink morphs too. There used to be a website for Poppy Corns, and she had awesome pinks. I find some of her snakes for sale once in a while. If you search for pictures that Steve Roylance posted on this forum you will be amazed at the pink morphs he produces. Don at SMR also offered pink morphs. Carol at Lowbelly produced many pinks too, but I don't know what she is currently producing.

I used to see a lot of JMG coral snows available, but it seems like they branched out to hognose snakes and I don't see many offered by them anymore. I do have two of the JMG strawberry males to work with, as well as a trio of coral ghosts. There was a fellow raising champagnes here in Florida that were supposed to be pink, but I have not heard if he still has them.

xStaticSnow 04-01-2019 02:25 PM

Wow thanks for the super informative answer! I think I’ll try to be patient and see what comes my way. I know the breeder who produced my baby corn also had some opal motleys available, and she’s going to be at the upcoming reptile show so I might get one of those babies if she still has one. I spent all day yesterday researching pink snakes and it does seem like the super pink individuals are sparse and high $$$ right now. There are some coral motley stripe snows available right now but I dont know if I can justify $300 for a new pet snake lol

Twolunger 04-01-2019 03:10 PM

I almost bought a pair of very pink snows that were bred from Poppy Corn snakes last year. I could have bought the pair at a fair price but already have too many corns. The key to finding the perfect corn is to pretend that you don't have any money. I find the best deals when I can't really come up with the money. Now I pretend I'm broke, but keep an emergency snake fund hidden away, just in case there's a corn I can't live without. Good luck finding your pink.