• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Chat Room: Rules

Roy Munson

I'm getting reports that there is some sexual harassment and general trollish behavior going on in the chat room. Remember, all of the rules of the general forum apply to the chat room as well. We have very young members in the forums and in chat, and they shouldn't be subjected to raunchy adult themes. If anyone sees behavior in chat that breaks the site rules, please capture that portion of the chat and PM it to the mod team members. Those who can't follow the rules will be suspended or banned.

I should also add that the site rules apply to private messages as well. If your PM breaks site rules, and the recipient reports it, you are subject to the usual penalties.

I'll leave this thread open for discussion for now, and I may sticky a locked version in some of the other forums.

CMLReptiles said:
just curious, but what about chat pm's?

lol, what are you trying to say Chris? Are you going to sent me an "sexual harassment statement or act in a general trollish behavior" pm to me next time I'm in chat. :roflmao:

sorry :grin01:

CMLReptiles said:
just curious, but what about chat pm's?
The simplest way to explain things would be to say that if a breach of the rules is brought to the mod team's attention, then it's fair game to be evaluated and subject to disciplinary measures if applicable. If it's not brought to our attention, or we don't stumble on it ourselves, then you're ok. In other words, if you write an adult-themed or inflammatory PM or chat PM to another member, or you break the rules in chat but no mod is present and no one reports it, then you're ok.

So know your audience... WELL.

so just to clarify...sending a pm to a 17 yr old asking about sexual orientation would be bad?...but only if a mod were to find out about it?

CMLReptiles said:
so just to clarify...sending a pm to a 17 yr old asking about sexual orientation would be bad?...but only if a mod were to find out about it?
I don't think it would be appropriate to do so, but if we don't find out, nothing will happen. If a tree falls in the woods and no one's around to hear it, does it matter if it makes a sound?

CMLReptiles said:
In today's day and age, I would be extremely careful about everything sent anywhere over the internet. You can never tell when Big Brother is watching or when someone is making a copy for later use.

well its not always the adults that are saying things too, some times the young kids on here are just as bad ... or at least we think they're young kids.

So the moral of the story here is if you want to be a perv, do so on AIM. :grin01:

Being a "computer person" I know exactly how easy it is to monitor someone's traffic. I usually stick by the rule that if you have any doubts about it, don't. Another good rule: If you wouldn't say/do it in front of your mother/grandmother, it's a no-no.

Although, my grandma can get a little raunchy after a glass of wine, so that one is up for interpretation. :grin01:

Jrgh17 said:
Although, my grandma can get a little raunchy after a glass of wine, so that one is up for interpretation. :grin01:

LOL

BTW, I would NEVER proposition a 17 yr old...16 is my limit

(jk)

So I guess thats no more joking around with 2 ADULTS that you know ARE adults. I am not going to apologize for my behavior. It was all in good fun, with people I KNOW TO BE ADULTS.

So asking for topless pics in an open forums is allowed then? (WHAT DO YOU LOOK LIKE THREAD?)))

TRUST ME THERE WONT BE ANYMORE REPORTS ABOUT ME.

So I guess thats no more joking around with 2 ADULTS that you know ARE adults. I am not going to apologize for my behavior. It was all in good fun, with people I KNOW TO BE ADULTS.

So asking for topless pics in an open forums is allowed then? (WHAT DO YOU LOOK LIKE THREAD?)))

TRUST ME THERE WONT BE ANYMORE REPORTS ABOUT ME.

I guess for me I could care less what people talk about on chat, but when kids are on there, it's maybe iffy. Hey I learned how to cuss in chat, it's funny in old chat you couldn't type 'da^^n', but you can in the forum:confused:susang

Well I guess the situation that I got a warning about, there were no "kids" in there at the time. I am not worried about it. The situation has been duly noted, and I will no longer be participating in the chat activities. Ya'll are a hard group to break into and make e-friends with anyway.

Unfortunately, online, you can never KNOW that a person is an adult. My info says I'm 20, but does anyone here KNOW that for sure? CS doesn't verify information, so you can never be entirely sure. I could just be a really brainy 8 yr old. :D

Also, a kid could come into the chat room before you finished typing and sending an inappropriate comment, and end up seeing it.

In all honesty, the issue really isn't who sees it. It's the perception of the site itself. Rich and the mods want CS.com to be seen as a site where people of all ages can go to participate in a hobby. There should be no question in a parent's mind as to whether or not this site will be appropriate for their kid, and adults on the site should not have to worry about feeling uncomfortable.

Umm, you can KNOW that someone is an adult online. I have chatted with these people several, several, several times before.

Doesnt matter. I have made my comments. I am done with the chat.

Look, there's nothing anyone could write in chat or elsewhere on this site that could bother ME in the least. HOWEVER, I can't expect everyone to feel the same way. It's not just about protecting children; it's also about maintaining an atmosphere where people of all sensibilities can participate without feeling threatened and/or disgusted. There are exactly 2.4 zillion places on the web where you can say whatever you want, do whatever you want, or be as explicit as you want. This isn't one of them. Whenever you feel the need to get ultra-intoxicated and start making people feel uncomfortable, just go to one of those 2.4 zillion sites. It's simple, really.

Do you think the mods read every word of every thread? We're certainly under no OBLIGATION to do so. I don't care about the "LOOK AT MEEEE!" threads, so I don't read them. If you had a problem with a post in the "What Do You Look Like" thread, you should have reported the post. You didn't. No one has. Can't say the same for your comments in chat that night.

Having said that, participants in the "What Do You Look Like" thread need to keep the rules in mind. For those who think I'm trying to kill your fun, please refer to my previous post. There's a whole world wide web out there for those who want sexually explicit discussion.

I have a feeling that somewhere along our lineage, we're distantly related.

Or as we say in our family, "what are the holidays without Mom telling a d!(k joke?"

:shrugs:

regards,
jazz

Back