View Single Post
Old 07-14-2015, 01:59 PM   #39
crturley
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendhend View Post
This is another baby that I hatched more recently from my presumed motley stripe tessera het cinder hypo male bred to an amber diffused het stripe. She has always looked more pale than my other tessera stripe babies, especially on the head, and I think she is likely a hypo stripe tessera. What do you guys think?
Oof, I'd be afraid to guess. She does look paler, but without being really familiar with the line or seeing several in-person for comparison, I'm always afraid to guess hypo vs. normal when it comes to stripe combines. The amount of melanin reduction from the hypo gene, too, seems to vary so much from snake to snake that . . . But when in doubt, hope for the best!

If anyone was still doubting our identification of striped tesseras as the vanishing-striped, reduced head-patterned, little-or-no lateral stripe pheno, my suspected tessera male came through: his girlfriend's modest clutch produced 2/8 definite tesseras.

The breeding was (presumed) Tessera Stripe het Blood, Pied 66% Hypo x Hypo Pied Blood. I deliberately chose a female without motley or stripe to avoid confusion and produce plain ol' tesseras.

Though I showed him earlier in the thread, for clarity, here is the male's hatchling shot again. Then a shot of his (very cloudy) progeny: a Pied(?) Bloodred Tessera on top, and a Hypo Tessera below.