View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 03:30 PM   #11
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65BAJA View Post
Good to know. Thank you. Any particular brands or models recommended? Any ones to stay away from?
Stay away from cheap brands. I have two, Ranko and Johnson Controls. I know some people that use thermostats for plant hydromats with success. Hydrofarm is the brand I know some have used. I have not personally used those, but they seem to be ok.

The one I really want, and will get one of these days is a Herpstat by Spyder Robotics. Here's their website https://www.spyderrobotics.com/index...=index&cPath=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstSnakeJourney View Post
(apologies for kinda hijacking this thread - nice snake btw)

Could I ask what is classed as "well started"? Are we just talking about something that has eaten a few meals and shed a few times or something that's been held back even longer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
By well started I mean at least 3 months old. By that time a corn should have eaten at least weekly, and shed a few times. It's harder to get feeding success or shedding information from the typical pet shop, but private breeders can usually provide that info. That's not to say you can't have success purchasing a hatchling, but the odds are better when the corn is well started, and growing well too.

I agree. Getting a well started baby is a good idea for new keepers. Even getting one that has eaten 5-6 meals consecutively sets the new keeper up for more of a chance for success.
Sometimes, babies that aren't established might go off food due to the stress of the move to a new home. If the baby is well established in eating, they usually don't go off feed when being moved to a new home.