• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is this normal...

<<S>>

Hi I've just got a new snake (my first one). But he/she tends to rub himself/herself against the glass. He/she is about a month old and I've just put him/her in his/her viv. Is it because he/she has to addapt to his/her new enclosure?? Or maybe he's/she's just exploring his/her new viv?:confused: Because I don't want him/her to damage his/her head.

:(

I had him/her since early saturday....and I have to feed him/her today because his/her last meal was about 5 days ago(that was in the shop).

And I could always use some tips:cool:.....

And yes I know "this his/her thing" is quite irritating:p .....

It sounds like he is just testing the boundries of his new home. Very normal:D

If you just got him today, you might want to wait a couple of days to feed. If he ate 5 days ago it won't hurt to wait another 2 days.
This will give him time to settle into his new home.

Enjoy your new baby.

oh really:) that's great!!:D

So this will stop when it gets used to it's new viv:)

thnx for the info, and I'll feed him/her on monday instead;)

Hello. I dont know how much reading up on reptiles you have done or how extensive your knowledge is, but you might want to look at some of the care sheets. Be sure you have the right temp. To me it sounds like he is just checking everything out. But it never hurts to do all the reading and research you can do. Have a great time with your baby.

Thnx I will:)

I have read a lot of caresheets and I compared them all, so that I have a good idea of how to handle a corn. The clerk who sold it to me gave me some info too. Although I checked if a lot of people said the same thing.:)

Back