• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Snakes and Cats

My cat can only see my burm who's cage is closest to the floor. Sometimes I think they have different intentions: =)

lourdes_friend.jpg

Burms thoughts..."In a couple of years that could be lunch :)"
Cats thoughts..."A couple of years ago that could've been lunch :("

I once had a cat.. but we gave her to my Grandad so we could get a dog(a bit cruel..I know).. we now have two dogs!

I have a couple cats that like to be around during feeding, and one likes to live in the snake room, but there haven't been major incidents. Well, one hatchling got out and a cat had played with it, but there was no damage and is big and healthy today. One of my adult females got out once and I found all my cats in a semi circle in the corner of the room with the snake curled up and striking at them. They cats were looking at each other like, "You get it." "No, you get it." "I'm not getting it, you get it." Nobody was brave enough to touch the snake. This picture is that same adult female in her tub with our siamese mix, Miso, parked on top. You tell me who's thinking they want to "get it".

Attachments

• 20070814 024a.jpg
    20070814 024a.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 45
I've had bad and.. suprisingly somewhat good experiences with cats and snakes co-existing.

Bad, decapitated snake. (I didn't know the snake had escaped until I found its body)

Good, one of my snakes escaped and I knew about it right away. I kept a careful eye on the cat, and eventually the cat led me right to the snake. The snake ended up getting a small wound during the short interaction, which is now totally healed. I believe that I never would have found the snake (a hatchling) if it hadn't been for the cat.

Of course there are also cats who wish they were snakes. Co-habing strongly discouraged.
IMG_1954.jpg

Back