View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 12:35 AM   #1
pitzMike
Female Snake Not Eating

okay so ive been keeping snakes for almost 5 years now and already know that some cornsnakes will be off feed especially during breeding season. But, there is one particular snake that is bugging me. She is a 3year old creamsicle which I bred last April. 2 weeks after her successful breeding, she went off feed which I thought was a sign that she is having eggs. Unfortunately, a month pass but no eggs were laid. She ate again last May 20 then refrain from eating again until June 5 which she ate her last food. Now, I offer her a mouse every week but she only sniff them but will not eat them. Her body is still good although she have lost a couple of grams. Now im getting a bit concerned should she continue to refuse eating.
I know that it is very common for MALE cornsnakes to go off feed (I have several males that goes off feed for 1-2months) but this was the first time that I had encountered a female going off feed for almost a month now.
I know going to the Vet is necessary but vets that accept exotic pets here is so far in between.