Thread: Regurgitation??
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 12:19 AM   #1
beeboo
Regurgitation??

First off, the reason for the regurgitation question in the title is I didn't get to look at the condition of the upchucked mouse. My boyfriend was disgusted and threw it away/took out trash before I came home from work without taking pictures. Thus...I can't say if it was semi-digested or just thrown up. As it has been about a week since I last fed my snake, Freya, I'd say it's been regurgitated. But who knows now...

Anyway, my problem is new; I've had Freya for almost two years now and this is the first time I've had a digestion problem. Her heating pad is always set at 84 degrees F, which has never been a problem, and the weather has been a bit nippy in California, but not especially cold. She has two hides, one on the "cold" side and one on the heating pad, which takes up about a little less than half her tank. Fresh water a-plenty. About two months ago we started feeding Freya adult mice from hoppers (all frozen and properly thawed), and from what we could tell they were the perfect size for her. She always seemed to digest them okay and pooped out the same looking poop (but a larger mass) as I've always seen since I had her.

Today, my boyfriend saw/smelled something horrible from her tank and cleaned it up before I had a chance to take a look. By the time I was home, she pooped again and her tank smelled like dead crabs x 100. I wiped up as much as I could without disturbing her, but she slithered around calmly while I cleaned, didn't try to hide, explored a bit round the top of the tank since the lid was off, and even nestled her head in my hand for a bit (which is weird, she's usually scared of me). She seems okay...but I know snakes have a high tolerance to pain, so maybe she's not

Can somebody please advise my next course of action? Her feeding day is today, but I'm going to hold off for another week or so just in case. I'm so anxious right now I might regurgitate something myself. Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to put as much detail in as I could for a faster prognosis. Thanks in advance to anyone who reads/posts advice!