View Single Post
Old 02-17-2010, 08:59 AM   #1
Nroc
2" clay pot hides from Michaels $.69 ea

It took her a day to warm up to these hides, but it seems that she loves them. She's been spotted in both of the new clay pots, and I haven't seen her go into the larger hides since. I may give her 2 more of the clay pots, and remove the others. I also bought 2 of the 3" pots from Michaels for later when she grows up a bit.

The drain hole seemed small to me, so I opened it up a bit with my Dremmel and a grinding bit. I then ground down the sharp corner left behind on both the inside and outside of the pot to provide a nice smooth surface. Some elevation is next on my schedule for this tank. I need to go vine shopping

I made it larger than I needed, but after feeding her, I wasn't sure if she would fit with a full belly. I haven't seen her go through the hole yet while full though there is room to spare when she is digested. I had her go in there last night, and saw how much gap surrounded her. I think I am going to resize the openings a little before the next feeding just incase. I'll try to snap a pic of her going through the hole; the large hole is still smaller than the penny.