View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 02:22 AM   #31
boidavid
Hello Mausssen! While there are many knowledgeable and experienced keepers on this forum(the best out there regarding corns) , I have limited experience having kept only three corn snakes in my lifetime. I'm more of a Boid guy, but corns are great too! So with that being said I'll offer my opinion as such, just my opinion. It sounds to me as if your snake has not been interacted with much , or enough, prior to coming into your care. I would acquire a snake hook and research the proper use of it. Make sure you're offering an appropriate sized prey item and your temps are in the 85* warm 75* cool range , give or take a couple of degrees, 55-65 percent consistent humidity , with appropriate snug fitting, one way in and out hides. Plenty of cover can do wonders for calming any species of insecure snake. Build a consistent handling and maintenance routine if one is not in place currently. If he doesn't settle down for you and you need to move him on please try and do so to a responsible party, for the sake of the snake and your own peace of mind. I have two Carpet Pythons kept in separate identical cages , same routines , same everything. One is puppy dog tame and the other is a display only snake. They're are both loved and admired. Best wishes!!

Sent from my 5049Z using Tapatalk