View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 10:33 AM   #12
Rawren
Hi Nanci
I have 3 corns (1 male and 2 females) **this is my first time trying to breed**

We did brumation and everyone came out healthy with minimal weight loss, etc. Had 2 feedings after warming up and then 1 female and my male shed so I immediately put them together. The male was all about it - twitchy and tail foreplay. The girl...every time he touched her, she whisked away real quick. Not aggressively. I watched this for the length of a movie and she finally calmed down and stopped pacing the cage (not in a looking for sex way). So I left them in there overnight and the next day. They ended up curling up together but I never saw a lock or any interest from the female.

So I put them back in their individual cages and then a couple days later my other girl shed so process repeats. Put her and the male together and she does the same thing but more calmly (the first female is a feisty b**** and the 2nd is a sweetheart).

So neither female is showing interest, that I can see. I've still been leaving them in with the male for a couple days since no one is in danger there. But I'm just unsure what to do here / what I'm doing wrong. Everyone says corns are easy to breed and my girls are just seemingly not having it. Is there anything to help them?

Thanks!!!