• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Missing poop

SnekMommas

Gabi & Meli
Hi! I'm not sure if this is a question about behavior, but Gabi and I have had our snake for about a month now and we have been feeding our reverse okeetee (Tambi) every 4-5 days. The first time we fed him I was able to find and remove his poop from his terrarium after a few days of his feeding. However, since then, I haven't seen any poop at all.
He is kept in a 10 gal tank with substrate. I do notice that sometimes he likes to make tunnels and hang out in there, could it be that he is pooping in the tunnels? Also, when I handle him sometimes I see a dark spot in his lower section (near his tail) so I'm not sure if he's constipated (if that's even a thing that happens) or if he's just hiding his poop. Any advice, suggestions, or comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks [emoji216] [emoji4]

-Meli (first time snake mommy)

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

These are the "dark spots" I was referring to, not sure if they're just his organs or poop stuck.
3eb04aaee163f51f6db643d3386318e6.jpg

2c4a618d35ae3e7fe1d335d1d0915cf0.jpg

Here's an added bonus of him eating
5e2d40ea149b9f7c4380874a05c4a9f9.jpg

Has your little one went yet? I have found that some times it just takes a little longer than expected. Cute little one btw looks like my little Athena
405522ad8a67e0c0a525ac44d6869f65.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has your little one went yet? I have found that some times it just takes a little longer than expected. Cute little one btw looks like my little Athena
405522ad8a67e0c0a525ac44d6869f65.jpg

Athena is beautiful!! I can't wait until Tambi grows to that size. [emoji5]

Anyway, he shed again not so long ago and I did find some poop stuck to the skin. I am convinced that he is pooping inside his tunnels and the poop is so small I can't see it unless I dig. So point is I don't think he is constipated anymore, if ever. Thanks for checking in [emoji3]

That was just an up close pic she is still a baby. I think her hatch day is 9/03/16. I can't wait till she is about 3' or so she will be a lot easier to care for. But until then I will just keep her on her feeding schedule every 4 days. My male is a July baby but he is a lot bigger. He is on fuzzies and she is on pinkies, but she is getting two every feeding.

it can be hard to see due to size when they're younger. just wait until they're older and have massive ones filled with hair! the worst is when it blends into the substrate.

Lol oboi34! You adult's massive ones blend into the substrate? Lucky you. I have no trouble spotting or smelling the massive ones.

Smelling them is never the problem, but they like to have multiples. Sometimes on successive days with less dark color each time. I have so many white furred mice in storage to use.

I was just kidding a bit. Yeah, the smaller ones, or ones that are mostly urates can be hard to find. I go on poo searches from time to time.

Back